What's new

Castor Oil

Anyone have a good source for castor oil? On-line or brick and mortar, either one. I can't seem to find it locally at all. One mom and pop drug store could get it. $23.00 per pint. That sounds high to me but maybe thats the going rate.

Try the laxative section in Walmart. Right next to the mineral oil. I also saw more expensive castor oil in the natural section in a grocery store. The expensive stuff said "cold-pressed."

+1 to the laxative section of any pharmacy. I found mine at a CVS, but i'm sure Walgreens, Wal Mart, Target, etc would also carry it. It ran me about $4.

Looking online at CVS and following the chain of events below would lead you to it:

Medicine Cabinet , Stomach , Laxative Liquids

I picked some up at Target. Looked all over the store and couldnt find it. I finally asked the pharmacist at Target and they had it behind the counter. $1.89 for 4 ounces.

Thanks all. Struck out at CVS, but Walgrens did have it. $3.99 for 4 oz. only one bottle left, but at least I know they carry it.

Look for a store that has candle/soapmaking supplies. A local store has it for (IIRC) $4.10/lb, or a 3lb container for $11.55. They also carry other oils that might be useful. The website is www.starrville.com.

Moose

Top Bottom