What's new

#16 parade

Just received a 16 two days ago. The 22 and 66 are supposed to be the same razors but there is definitely a difference in the shaves for me.
Indeed there is.
My #22 is also markedly more efficient than my #16.

Enjoy your #16, it's IMHO the best one they made. The original plating on mine is nearly perfect and the shaves are actually nicer than the looks, even though it looks extremely nice. :001_smile

Congrats!

These sure are some gorgeous razors. I'm not really into solid bars but my eye certainly has a sweet spot for these. I'm a sucker for barber pole handles though.

Nice John. Hopefully I can also add to the No.16 joy with this.
$image.jpg
Sweet in the hand and on the face.

My #22 is also markedly more efficient than my #16
I'm confused, because this webpage at Razor Archive says the opposite:

http://www.razorarchive.com/understanding-the-british-aristocrats

If I were to rank them by aggressiveness, #15 and #21 would be at the top, at the bottom would be the #66 group (which includes the #22), and the compromise would be the #16

I guess this is a case of YMMV. If the #22 is indeed more aggressive, then it's back on my radar.

I'm confused, because this webpage at Razor Archive says the opposite:

http://www.razorarchive.com/understanding-the-british-aristocrats

I guess this is a case of YMMV. If the #22 is indeed more aggressive, then it's back on my radar.

YMMV and all that, IMHO the 3rd Gen UK Aristocrats (i.e. #16) are far better shavers (more efficient) than the 4th Gen (i.e. #66, #22, etc ...)
The 4th Gen are also nice shavers, and I'd include the Rocket HDs, #58s, etc in the same group, but they're not quite the same same thing as a #16, IMO of course.

Just a parade bump. Just finished shaving with my 16 loaded with a Polsilver SI. I have been using my Wolfman so much lately I forgot how good the 16 is. Great warm lather shave with Tabac. Finished with some Tabac AS. This razor is still one of my favorites.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom