What's new

An open letter to Bic Pens

Dear Bic,

I am writing you in order to provide some feedback on your Bic Disposable Fountain Pen. I prefer fountain pens and use these almost exclusively at my place of employment. My work environment is largely paperless so I am on only my 4th Bic disposable in 2 years. I have found the pens to be quite acceptable in terms of both consistency of ink flow and ergonomics. What I have not found acceptable are your pen caps. My first three pens had the caps split longitudinally opposite the clip. Each achieved this within their first three days of use. My 4th pen had another failure mode, the integrated clip/cap split into two pieces today and simply fell off the pen onto the floor. Thankfully, I had a ready-made solution and capped the pen with the cap from a Pentel highlighter. The fit is perfect, it even goes click.

I wish I could tell you that I will be buying more of your disposable pens but I cannot. Based on what I have seen on the Internet, the disposable Pilot Varsity appears to incorporate superior cap technology. I think I'll try them next.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I wish I could tell you that I will be buying more of your disposable pens but I cannot. Based on what I have seen on the Internet, the disposable Pilot Varsity appears to incorporate superior cap technology. I think I'll try them next.

I bought three Pilot Varsity pens. I gave two to my cousins Paula and Diane. I really like the Pilot pen.

I didn't know anyone made disposable fountain pens until yesterday, now I learn that there are more than just the Varsity!

Actually, the Pilot Varsity isn't truly disposable, because it is so easy to refill.
I have one floating around here somewhere, filled with invisible ink. Unfortunately, I can't find it.:lol:

Top Bottom