What's new

Fatip Grande or Fatip Piccolo

I am thinking on getting a new razor and I have been looking at Fatip Grande and Fatip Piccolo.

Any input would be helpful.

Andy

The head is the same, the only difference is the handle. The Piccolo has a smaller handle but it's solid, the razor is a few grams heavier than the Grande.

Fantastic shaver, love my Piccolo.

Just to warn you, they have very poor quality control. However if you get a good one, they are good shavers.

IMO it doesn't really make a big difference. Buy whichever looks better to you.

Nuclearblast summarized well. The Grande is a little lighter, a little longer. The Piccolo has a slightly shorter and stouter handle. The choice comes down to preference in style.

I have gathered some good reviews and information on both FaTips. I will send it along via email if you PM me your address. An excerpt...

Fatip Grande: Open comb razor,gold or chrome. The Fatip Grande shares the same head as the Fatip Piccolo but has aslightly stouter handle. The FatipGrande double edge safety razor is a traditional open comb model razor with anoutstanding balance and finish. The razor has a vertical lined patternhandle that provides a nice grip and feels well balanced in the hand. It delivers a close and efficientshave and is best in the hands of an experienced shaver. Handle length 77 mm/ total length 85 mm/ WT 65 g.
FatipPiccolo: Open combrazor in nickel. The Piccolo has a shorterhandle than the Grande. The Piccolo is for those who like a razor with a bitof a personality. While it can be a bit ornery if in the wrong hands, it ispure bliss for more experienced shavers and will provide a close and efficientshave. Handle length 70-71 mm/ total length 78-80mm/ WT 70 g

Another thing not mentioned here... The Piccolo does not accept most other handles. I have an old ball-end Gillette handle, a RR Mission handle, an MR22 and an MR5 handle, as well as the DE89 handle and NONE of them fit the Piccolo.

Problem? Not if you like the original handle. That handle is skinny and small. Yes, it has good weight.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd get the Grande. Even if it wouldn't fit any other handles, at least if it was bigger than that dinky Piccolo handle.

The quality of my FaTip is excellent. No QC problems with mine.

Either one. Toss the handle and pair it with a Weber.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the piccolo and the grande both in chrome and gunmetal. Most times hand reaches our to piccolo for its heavier handle. For the price what the heck, buy both. They're solid brass and value for money !

Just to warn you, they have very poor quality control. However if you get a good one, they are good shavers.

IMO it doesn't really make a big difference. Buy whichever looks better to you.

Hmmm. I'm not a fan of poor quality control. My luck in the past is that I always get the bad one lol.
But as long as its from a reputable dealer, I'm sure they will exchange it.

Another thing not mentioned here... The Piccolo does not accept most other handles. I have an old ball-end Gillette handle, a RR Mission handle, an MR22 and an MR5 handle, as well as the DE89 handle and NONE of them fit the Piccolo.

Problem? Not if you like the original handle. That handle is skinny and small. Yes, it has good weight.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd get the Grande. Even if it wouldn't fit any other handles, at least if it was bigger than that dinky Piccolo handle.

The quality of my FaTip is excellent. No QC problems with mine.

Wait, if it's the same head, how can the piccolo not fit other handles, but the grande does???

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I do prefer the Piccolo. It's shorter, easier to manoeuvre and has plenty of weight for doing the job on its own. Love it.

One note: while I generally like a not-so-sharp blade (7 o'clock super stainless), I prefer a sharper one on the Fatip Grande. I think that's because of the light weight of the razor. For me it's a great shaver well worth its price.

I have both the Fatip Grande and the Piccolo. I ordered the Grande first, and in the nickle finish, but it was delivered to me in the chrome finish - I went ahead and kept the chrome finish version. The Piccolo razor is the nickle version. Between the chrome finish and nickle finish, I do prefer the nickle finish. Regarding which razor (the Grande, or the Piccolo) is my favorite, I cannot say that I really have a favorite - I love them both. . . That said, for some unknown reason, I find myself reaching for the Piccolo more frequently than the Grande.

Top Bottom