What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks.

Let me start by saying that this blade is held I high regards here. I was wanting to try these for a while, because of this. I have just finished a 28 shave test with a Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow blade, which I loved.

Review so far, for the Black, with 3 pass shaves.
The first shave was very nice, but not as buttery smooth, as with the Yellows.
The second shave had the blade smoothing out some. Still a fine BBS shave.
Shaves 3-5, buttery smooth BBS shave.
I do like the Black, so far.

It took three shaves to catch up with the Yellows. Time will tell how long the Black blade will last.

These will most likely be my second bulk purchase. I'm big on value (price vs performance) and these and Astra SP are my top two for that reason.

These will most likely be my second bulk purchase. I'm big on value (price vs performance) and these and Astra SP are my top two for that reason.

I'm with Garrett. I am a value-oriented consumer in most things so when I find a great blade and half the cost of other great blades they make my top blade list. Right now Astra SP, Personna Labs, GSB, Voskhods, and G7OC Blacks are on that list. The Black would probably be in my top 2 if they weren't a little pricey.

Test interrupted, after #7, due to Shark SS testing. I will continue after the Shark gives up the bite, or starts to bite.

I'm with Garrett. I am a value-oriented consumer in most things so when I find a great blade and half the cost of other great blades they make my top blade list. Right now Astra SP, Personna Labs, GSB, Voskhods, and G7OC Blacks are on that list. The Black would probably be in my top 2 if they weren't a little pricey.

Going by price, they are your #3 choice???
Amazon 100 packs:
blacks are $16.99
GSB are $22.75
Astras are $10.75
Personnas are $11.89
Voskhods are $18.99

Oscroft did some double-blind blade comparisons on this forum a year to two years ago. They were extremely informative, and being double-blind on exact matching razors, pretty objective. The Gillette Black never lost a comparison. Nor did the Personna Med Prep. My two favorite blades.

Ahhh, back to good shaves again. I resumed the testing of the 7OC Black, after a short stint with a Shark blade. Shave #8 on the black went smoothly.

Tried the blacks for the first time yesterday, and instantly fell in love. To this point, the yellows and GSB's have been my favorite blades. There are easily as good, if not better.

Big fan!

I've never been able to try the Yellows, but the Gillette Black is one of my favorites. Feather, Gillette Black, and Polsilver Super Iridium. Gillette Silver Blue is right behind them.

I hate the Blacks. Everytime I shave with them I get weepers - lots of them.
No other blades I've used so far do this - including Feathers.

17 shaves with this blade. It's starting to make some noise, and I have started to hand Strop. But, it's still chugging along. BBS shaves.

I took a sabbatical from the Blacks, for a week or so. I was out of country. I have 22 on them now, and will continue tonight. So far, these are very good blades.

I finally saw the end for this 7 o'clock Black. 31 shaves and done. I could have seen more, but the blade wasn't as sharp as I like, and I could tell it started to pull a little.
Conclusion: Great blade. This might be my next 100 blade purchase.

Top Bottom