What's new

Shave mail

So I just got a text that my first razor, brush, soap and a few other items get delivered. Pretty excited. Only problem is I am stuck at work. I do have a 4 day scruff waiting to be sliced off. Can't wait to get home.

Break those new shaving items in properly!! Enjoy the new experience to the max! :thumbup1: I lived in Walled Lake and later White Lake Township during the period of 1980 -- 1986.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Congrats on your first wet shave setup! You may be a natural or you may need some time to hone in your technique. Either way, enjoy!

So I just got a text that my first razor, brush, soap and a few other items get delivered. Pretty excited. Only problem is I am stuck at work. I do have a 4 day scruff waiting to be sliced off. Can't wait to get home.

Good for you!!
I might advise against the music so you can get the audible ffedback of the razor... But YMMV.
Do post a pics of your setup and results of your first shave.... If it wasn't great, you're not alone. It will get better.

Sorry for leaving you guys hanging! I have been having some major issues with my phone that prevented me from posting at all. But I did get all of my gear.

I got a Merkur 34c, an escali brush, proraso soap and preshave, lucky tiger after shave, a stand to hold the goods, and a blade sample pack.

My first shave took about an hour start to finish. I got a decent shave. 3 passes with touchup. I can't say that I got the best shave of my life but it is definitely acceptable. It was by far the most luxurious shave of my life.

I did end up getting one substantial nick that did leak a little and a few minuscule scratches of sorts along the underside of my jaw. Nothing major though.

I need to work on my technique a bit getting the angle correct. I took several strokes that only wiped lather off without removing hair at all. I'd rather do that than remove skin though.

I'll try to post some pics when I get home.

Working on your technique is an understatement. No offense on your technique. It's just that the more you learn the more you realize that technique is everything. New razor new technique , new brush new technique , new soap new technique . You get the picture. Everything works better a certain way for every person. I hope you enjoy learning your technique. That's what it's about.

Top Bottom