What's new

Col. Conk Shave Cream

Anyone try there creams? I've just been noticing them at a couple shaving stores and I'm wondering if they are good.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434500891.448795.jpg
This is one of there scents.

I would be interested too. I do not have this. My guess is that given most of their products are low end'ish, my expectations of it are not that high.

I always laugh when I see "world famous" on any product cause this implies everybody knows about it. The average B&B'er probably knows about Conk products but this is not like "kleenex" or "xerox". I dare you to run into a Macy's and ask if they have Col Conk items.

I dare you to run into a Macy's and ask if they have Col Conk items.

Reading that was one of the few times I've ever actually "lol'd" at something on the Internet. You get 10 points just for asking, and 20 points if they don't look at you like you have three heads. However, credit where credit is due, I like Col. Conk soaps. They give me a great lather (probably because I like my lather thin and airy as opposed to the consistency of yogurt like most guys) and the scent of Col. Conk Almond soap is really nice; almost as good, dare I say it, as Cella. I think Col. Conk isn't given the respect it deserves around here.

I know they did some repackaging of there soaps and have new scents out. I think they are trying to lure you into buying creams as well. I noticed they have new aftershaves as well.

The average B&B'er probably knows about Conk products but this is not like "kleenex" or "xerox".

I've been at this craft for a decade, and while I've known about Conk for most of that time, this is the first I've heard of the creams. Who knew?

I dare you to run into a Macy's and ask if they have Col Conk items.

One time, when I was in my late teens, I called the Nordstrom fragrance counter and asked what the "89% vol." indication meant on my bottle of designer fragrance. They hung up on me. (Technically, they put me on hold, but the call disconnected after several minutes.)

I have seen the soaps but this is the first I have heard of the cream. a lot of the scents of the Natural line were not to my liking. the regular line of soaps were one of the first ones I tried and they are quite nice. the Natural ones didn't match the description very well. I am curious to see what people think about it.

I just bought a cream today hoping to try it soon. I heard very positive feedback from the sales lady saying just a small amount will get a lot of lather.

I think they are trying to compete with other companies that have both soaps and creams like proraso and TOBS

I just bought the cream I posted at the top. It smells nice I will be using it next time I shave

I bought it from a brick and mortar barber supplies store in Los Angeles, CA. I've noticed that Maggard razors sells them as well.

I used the cream earlier with a badger brush. It gave some thick lather after about a minute of working it in a bowl. I did try to shake out a lot of water off the brush. I just dabbed my brush in the cream a little bit and then lathered in a bowl. I only did 2 passes and I had enough for the 2 passes. Great smell. I used a Merkur Futur razor and it did clog it a bit. I dumped the razor in water a couple times to completely remove the cream. It has a nice smell. I give it 7/10. It's 5.5 oz and I paid $16 plus tax for it.

Yes that's where I got it they are in California not sure if they ship though. They have a brick and mortar store.

I just stopped in today at the local barber supply store, and the owner said that Col. Conk just started selling the cream, which explains why people only recently started seeing it. Unfortunately, it was impossible for me to smell the product through the seal top, let alone see it. I had stopped by to see what kinds of cream tubs are available locally, as tubs are the route I plan to go when setting my wife up with a starter set.

Very cool. The place I go to just started selling them as well. In addition to there new balms that go with creams. I haven't tried the balms yet.

I've got a tub of the Santa Fe Cedar (cedar and rosemary). Smells incredible. The performance is merely good. Not spectacular, but good. A little thin.

Very cool. The place I go to just started selling them as well. In addition to there new balms that go with creams. I haven't tried the balms yet.

I didn't know they had creams out but I have there High Desert Breeze balm and think it's a great product.

Top Bottom