What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I don't think brass costs more. In fact, it may cost loss. However you might want to check with James on that.

I'm not sure how brass compares to stainless as far as durability. I'm sure that either metal will outlast me and probably my grandchildren. I do know that brass will develop a patina over time, which I personally think looks awesome.

BTW, you can also order the Wolfman heads and handles in aluminum!

So he's making them up to your specs when your number comes up? He did say no hurry on choosing handles or finishes, I just didn't put it together until here that they are completely bespoke? Or no?

So he's making them up to your specs when your number comes up? He did say no hurry on choosing handles or finishes, I just didn't put it together until here that they are completely bespoke? Or no?

I think he'll make them to your material/finish spec when your number is up. At least that was my experience when I placed my order.

I don't think he's making to order. I don't mean that he couldn't just that any production like this would need to be in batches for the sake of efficiency. The handles are made two at a time and I know he polishes one by one, but if I were ordering a non-standard unit I'd let him know in advance so it could be incorporated in the normal production cycle.

Last edited:
Yes they are. Bill (williabe) has some pics of a brass SB posted in this thread as well. I'm tempted to go with brass instead of SS for my next one.

Jeremy- Im on my third week of using the Brass SB with .74MM blade gap and WRH1 handle. Love the increased efficiency and weight of the brass. BBS again tonight using Mikes Naturals. You should definitely consider a brass WR1!

I don't think he's making to order. I don't mean that he couldn't just that any production like this would need to be in batches for the sake of efficiency. The handles are made two at a time and I know he polishes one by one, but if I were ordering a non-standard unit I'd let him know in advance so it could be incorporated in the normal production cycle.

I think he might be making to order if you need something custom. Not to say he is not continually producing what he offers as standard items. Agree that it would be good to give him a heads up on custom gaps and such. When he reached out to me to see if I was still interested he asked me for a final decision on what I wanted. He then invoiced me for what I picked. Then shipped it out a few days later. He said he would make whatever handle I wanted including the "surplus" handles when I inquired about possibly getting a WRH4. Pretty cool if you ask me! Looks like he will be offering custom engraving as well in the near future.

Last edited:
$image.jpg

Jeremy- Im on my third week of using the Brass SB with .74MM blade gap and WRH1 handle. Love the increased efficiency and weight of the brass. BBS again tonight using Mikes Naturals. You should definitely consider a brass WR1!

My only concern being that my wife will definitely notice a brass razor haha!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

GREAT REVIEW. Have been enjoying my Wolfman SB. All I can say is that this one is DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT!! My destination razor.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Just chiming in here to say how much I still adore my WR1-OC. I just shaved with the wonderful thing and I have a huge smile across my baby smooth face. :thumbup:

Both the OC and the SB version have the very same side profile. That is the "mistake". That means the OC behaves like a SB. I am putting "mistake" inside of quotes because shaving is after all YMMV and the razors of Wolfman are clearly well made. However, in my experience, the gap should be smaller on a an OC. If you still want it aggressive, you should rather add exposure than gap.

I am designing an open comb razor myself and it has V-shaved teeth in the comb. This makes it possible to have the blade almost touching the comb, but still you do not get unshaven stripes. That gives extreme comfort, in my opinion.

Even the over-aggressive R41 has the teeth almost touching the blade (basically no gap). Still it shaves more close than any other razor.

But as I said, things are very much YMMV.

Before getting rid of a VERY NICE SHAVER, you might contact James. He has been willing to make modifications for a number of members.

Before getting rid of a VERY NICE SHAVER, you might contact James. He has been willing to make modifications for a number of members.

My daily driver is an ATT H2, which has a blade gap of .91mm. As does the SB version, the H1. Both have larger gaps than the Wolfman. In my experience, my H2 shaves closer than my R41 (2013 version). I'm on the wait list for an open comb from Wolfman. I'll be interested to see the v-shaped teeth, minimal-gap design under discussion when it becomes available, as some of the physics are eluding me.

In any event, I agree with your advice. No one should be unhappy with such a beautiful razor!

(I intended to include the quote to which you were responding, but this iPad is smarter than me.)

Last edited:
Good morning gents, happy 4th.

My daily driver is an ATT H2, which has a blade gap of .91mm. As does the SB version, the H1. Both have larger gaps than the Wolfman. In my experience, my H2 shaves closer than my R41 (2013 version). I'm on the wait list for an open comb from Wolfman. I'll be interested to see the v-shaped teeth, minimal-gap design under discussion when it becomes available, as some of the physics are eluding me.

In any event, I agree with your advice. No one should be unhappy with such a beautiful razor!

(I intended to include the quote to which you were responding, but this iPad is smarter than me.)

You should definitely talk to James and see what he recommends. If you want something similar to the R41 you probably want to at least ask for the .74mm blade gap mod. I read in another forum that someone wanted even more blade gap that that to compare to his R41.

Aesthetics mostly. Brass is a little heavier, if you want that, and will develop a patina over time. Either one should last several generations and will sell for nothing by one of your offspring in a garage sale.

Good morning gents, happy 4th.

You should definitely talk to James and see what he recommends. If you want something similar to the R41 you probably want to at least ask for the .74mm blade gap mod. I read in another forum that someone wanted even more blade gap that that to compare to his R41.

Yes, he's adjusting the gap to .74mm for me. I didn't know that the R41 blade gap is bigger than the H2. I find the H2 to be more aggressive than my R41. Interesting.

I have two OC heads on order...I may see if James will craft at least one of them in bronze. I have three BRW bronze handles which would be very nice matches. For me, bronze is the perfect razor material - heavier than SS, with a beautiful natural patina.

$P1000179.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, he's adjusting the gap to .74mm for me. I didn't know that the R41 blade gap is bigger than the H2. I find the H2 to be more aggressive than my R41. Interesting.

pbrmhl - you will appreciate the .74MM blade gap on your Wolfman razor. I have my brass SB modded to .74MM and really enjoy it. When I switch back to "standard" Wolfman blade gap (like tonight) I notice I have to work a little harder to get as close a shave. The OC is very smooth, but I have ordered another SS OC with .74MM blade gap. I think James should add the .74MM option via the website - for dense heavy beard growth, it's fantastic.

Id love to hear others experiences in using a stock vs .74MM Wolfman.

Top Bottom