What's new

Deodorant stains

Can anybody recommend a deodorant that doesn't stain your shirts after a period of time?
I really enjoy wearing white shirts but they don't last very long due to the yellowish stains my deodorant creates:mad:

from what i recall the yellowish stains are caused by your body's interaction with the aluminum ingredients.so try to find a brand that lacks aluminum.
p.s. try some oxi clean type stuff on your shirts.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
lateral thinking ... you may want to try wearing an undershirt under your shirt. Just get a "T" shirt one and not the sleveless "wifebeater". That should give you some protection from yellow-pits.

Your DEODORANT isn't the problem, your ANTIPERSPIRANT is.

Try this regimen. Use an antiperspirant, such as Mitchums at bedtime. Then after your morning shower apply a deodorant. Make sure it is strictly a deodorant such as Old Spice High Endurance DEODORANT.

I guarantee that you will smell fresh, not sweat a lot and the yellow stains will never appear.

As mentioned above, the problem is the aluminum salts used in ANTIPERSPIRANTS.

I've followed this routine for years and have never had a problem (and I can sweat a lot and never wear t-shirts under my dress shirts).

The stain causing bacteria hides in your underarm hair. Ever since I started trimming my armpits (just run the hairclippers or a cheap mustache trimmer over them), the discoloration stopped. Now I go the whole hog and shave my armpits. There's less body odor too. See, there is still a use for cheap disposable plastic razors.
Ernest

The stain causing bacteria hides in your underarm hair. Ever since I started trimming my armpits (just run the hairclippers or a cheap mustache trimmer over them), the discoloration stopped. Now I go the whole hog and shave my armpits. There's less body odor too. See, there is still a use for cheap disposable plastic razors.
Ernest

+1

I now also use deoderant daily and antiperspirant on the rare occasion.

==Tom

I wear a full Tshirt and still get the yellow stains. I get burned easily by just deodarant so I cant go that route. Are there AP without aluminum?

Do you put the AP on after a shower?

I have found that is I dry my pits with a towel or leave them damp and put the AP on it burns. However if I wait until about the time I take my Vitamins, I never get any burn.

I used to do a fair bit of acting on stage.

Except for in a few Tennessee Williams plays underarm stains are not acceptable. Ban Roll-On was the only antiperspirant I have ever seen stocked in dressing rooms. I have never had any staining when wearing that.

Try some Certain-Dri.

It's a prescription grade OTC anti-p, but you put it on the night before. Mine sits on the nightstand, and I just roll it on when I'm lying in bed.
It works.

She used to take a cotton ball, put rubbing alcohol on it, and wipe down her underarms; apparently doing so kills the bacteria that causes odor. I've also found that it cuts down on the sweating, gives your underarms a good cleaning, and negates the need for an antiperspirant--YMMV, of course.

It's also good for cutting down the ring around the collar--just wipe down the back of your neck before you put on a collared shirt. There's a whole bunch of other useful stuff you can do too. You can google it if you find yourself interested.

Top Bottom