What's new

Gem micromatic clog proof

Just finished shaving with a my gem micromatic, which is a fairly new purchase I made. I have shaved with a gem Jr a good few times now and normally get very good shaves. But this micromatic seems to be quite a bit more aggressive and i always seem to get weepers and cuts. I believe I'm using the correct angle like my gem Jr, unless it uses a different angle. Anyone have any tips on this guy?

Like most razors, LISTEN to the sounds it makes. The more noise it makes the more hair it's cutting, less noise equals nothing or layers of skin its scraping.

Micromatics are a little different from 1912 type SE razors. They require a really shallow angle - in fact, the cap should be flat against your face.

Do this correctly, and the Micromatic, even the Open Comb, becomes a pussycat.

Let your angle get too steep, and it will turn into a face-shredding monster. :w00t:

I think that this is at least part of the cause of the widely varying experiences different people report having with these razors.

--Bob

Yeah, Bob is absolutely correct on that one....The Clog Pruf and the Open Comb should be flat against the face as per "GEM Instructions" and a light touch is the order of the day.....Any deviation from that and it will tear your face off.....These are actually very well behaved razors with the correct technique......:thumbup1:

Billy

Cap flat on face. The next generation, Flying Wing or commonly called the Bullseye, has an eyeball in the center of the cap to remind you to keep it against your face.

I have 3 Gems and the Puff is the most aggressive for me. I show way too much blade for my liking. However, my bullet tip and 1912 are a bit more forgiving. I also find that after 3 shaves I need to put in a new blade. Good luck. H

Top Bottom