What's new

Any Generic blades fit Mach3?

I had been buying aftermarket blades for a sensor for at least 5 years before I came over to the dark side.
From major retailers?
I don't recal seeing any from the normal places you'd buy blades from, but that doesn't rule out under-the-table merchandise.

I noticed the CVS razors are marked M3 (note not Mach3) but I couldn't tell if the head would fit Mach3.

The graphic design and styling (font, placement of symbols, etc.) of the box is very, very similar to Gillette's Mach 3, but apparently they are similar, but not compatible.

They may be aiming at the Mach3 user who will pick up these blades thinking they will fit, only to find that they don't. So then you have to go buy the CVS handle, and then buy more blades, until you need another handle, and then you need more blades.

From major retailers?
I don't recal seeing any from the normal places you'd buy blades from, but that doesn't rule out under-the-table merchandise.

The American Safety Razor Company makes the Tri-Flexx razor. The cartridge fits the Gillette Sensor. I have some that I found for a $1.00 per pack of four branded Longs Drugs. I think they're also sold at KMart. I believe that they also go by the name of Personna Acti-Flexx. I haven't used them for a while, but IIRC they're as good as the Sensor for what is worth.

Preserve also makes cartriges for their own razor that also fits the Sensor. I've seen them at Whole Foods for about $5.00/pack. Amazon also has them. So does Home Depot for $4.99.
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=936309&Ntt=936309&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=level1&eid=ShopToIt&utm_source=ShopToIt&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=936309
http://www.amazon.com/Recycline-Preserve-Razor-Triple-Cartridges/dp/B000O3UC60

Upon closer inspection, I think the Preserve cartridges might be the same as the Tri-Flexx that I found for a dollar, at least they look the same.

if it's of any interest, the Tesco supermarket chain in the UK sells its own brand Advance Performance Triple Blade razor with blades that fit the Gillette Mach3, and it advertises this on the packaging.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/295983058?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+|+Shopping+GSC+|+All+Products+++Tesco+Brand*PRODUCT+GROUP295983058*&gclid=CjwKCAiAvMPRBRBIEiwABuO6qfVBTxkm__Tk9_U0F8nBHtHdwzHRtmuAJUB5eGHOPmNTI0oSNpCsEhoCJsYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

However, strangely enough, it seems the genuine Mach3 blade will not fit the Tesco handle, although it does not mention that.

Since you don’t have anymore Mach 3 blades, why not consider a different cartridge razor? I’ve not tried it yet but the Gillette Guard gets high ratings for cartridge razors around here. I have a big stash of Mach 3 blades from my pre-DE days and still use it when traveling by air and carrying on luggage. They’ll probably last me until I am gone. Yet I still intend to give the Guard a try soon. RAD extends to everything.

I use a safety razor to shave my face, but use a Mach 3 razor to shave my head. About a year ago I switched from the Gillette Mach 3 blades to cheaper Wal-Mart generic ones. I shave my head three times a week and the cartridge lasts two months - about 24 shaves. I don't see any great difference in the quality of the shave but again it is my head and not my face. I have thrown away the cardboard box but I'm pretty sure the company that makes them is Equate.

Since you don’t have anymore Mach 3 blades, why not consider a different cartridge razor? I’ve not tried it yet but the Gillette Guard gets high ratings for cartridge razors around here. I have a big stash of Mach 3 blades from my pre-DE days and still use it when traveling by air and carrying on luggage. They’ll probably last me until I am gone. Yet I still intend to give the Guard a try soon. RAD extends to everything.

That model is not available in the UK - seems to have been aimed at the market in India.

Interesting article here -

Gillette spent fortune on Indian razor forgetting country's no running water | Daily Mail Online

I believe CVS has a store brand three-blade razor that has cartridges compatible with Mach 3 handles. Unfortunately I can’t remeber the name.

I believe CVS has a store brand three-blade razor that has cartridges compatible with Mach 3 handles. Unfortunately I can’t remeber the name.
A quick search came up with "Blade" branded "Torq3" named cartridges. They say on the label they fit Gillette Mach3.

Seems like it took forever. I remember looking for generics for the Mach 3 over 10 years ago. Now they're in Wal-mart and most drug stores. The two that I tried have a very similar design, more "blocky" than the Gillette design. They generally last me about 8 to 10 shaves. The Equates are currently $6.47 for 5, the others I purchased were listed at $10 for 5 but I got them half off that. Now that I've started using a DE, the Mach 3 drops to my 3rd option behind the TracII when I want to do a quick shave. Which means I probably won't be using it much anymore.

The CVS Torq3, Tesco Advanced Performance and Equate carts are Personna Easy Fit 3's, the original design of the Hydro 3 with a similar adapter to the Hydro Connect. MERS have released a D Series cart which is a generic Mach3. I haven't seen it retailed as yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom