What's new

Razorock: Is it just me?

For a few shaves this past week, I used XXX and I reminds me of why I love RazoRock: great lather, slick, protective. I decided to give my tub of 'The Freedberg' a go last night. It performed very well. I did not load long enough and had barely enough lather for 2 passes but the thin lather was still very slick and provided all the protection I needed.

Early on I may have had problems getting a good lather. But after consistent use and learning how to lather it right, it is what I compare all other soaps to!

Now here is a bit of good news for you, should you find that you just aren't a fan of the argan base. Old Town Shaving Co. here in SoCal has they're own exclusive RR soap called Inauguration. They've recently setup online ordering too. This soap is, save for a slight scent change, RR Artisan Caprician Lemon. Its great stuff! Going off my memory, the scent is a bit less lemony with a hint more floral. Super nice though and close enough for me. Id recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it :)

Rock on!
I was under the impression that Caprician Lemon was the old Artisan line tallow formula. The Inauguration soap contains no tallow from what I can find in label pictures.

The Neroli Sensitive is on for under five bucks at the moment if anyone's into that?

I've never tried a sensitive skin formula of RR, nor have I ever smelled Neroli. I picked up a tub along with some more RR Classic and a puck of Haslinger Schafmilch. I figure if nothing else, I'll create a PIF lol.

That is my biggest problem with them for some reason. It's 'one brand', but it could be made by a number of different people, in a number of different formulations, from a number of different places. That, and it seems there is always something new, and if you like something it will just disappear soon. Though, that seems a good strategy for getting people to buy a whole bunch at once.

I wanted to try a tub before I would order that many.

I have had trouble with Moma Bear's almond it turned my face red.

but I have not had any problem with Cella or [FONT=open_sansregular] Valobra [/FONT]almond.

Andy

P160 turned my face bright red. It sucks because the smell was amazing.

I enjoy shaving with all my RazoRock soaps. Mudder Focker, XXX, Son of Zeus and the recently released Santa Maria. The ones with the matching aftershaves only adds to my satisfaction. For the price, it's a wonderful brand.

Certainly, for some, the fluidity of the RazoRock brand can be off-putting or downright maddening. I've used XXX, P.160, Freedberg, King of the Castle Lime and just picked up the new Santa Maria. I think they've all been great products at a very fair price. I was disappointed Son of Zeus wasn't available when I placed my most recent order, as I've become a big fan of Terre d'Hermes and think the argan oil soaps are their best, and I get antsy seeing my single tub of Freedberg shrinking, but Joe always seems to come up with good stuff. I'm also a fan.

I went through a tub of XXX last summer and loved it. This summer, I started a new tub from a new batch, but so far it doesn't seem quite as nice in terms of performance. I also have a tub of P.160 which has the same ingredients list but does have better performance. It may be there are slight variations among batches.

Top Bottom