What's new

July 2015 Shaving Restraint. (MoRO-July)

Looking for a way to curb your AD's? Getting disapproving looks from your significant other? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of money? Challenged to beat the Darth Lord in a restraint?

This is the perfect opportunity for you.

This restraint is for July 1-31, 2015.

All are welcome!

Rules:

1. * No personal shaving purchases. Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those items permitted.
  2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.
  3. GIFT cards cannot be redeemed for shaving items (even if the cards are from previous months).
  4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, that are paid for in the month of the restraint will cause you to fail the restraint.

*Exceptions:

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the June Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on July 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.
  2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraint commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game).
  3. Sue Moore Items are all exempt from the no buying rules. Treewhaling on anything Sue Moore related is HIGHLY encouraged.

This is perfect for those who failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint ....looking at you Darth Lords...........

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!

Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Socialjunk95, Guru17, kansaskyle, Darth Kevdogg329,
cvargo, Blade4vor and anyone else that wants to assist with this effort).

Mods:

We humbly request you leave this thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum until July 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see the restraint. Afterwards, you can move the thread to Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Tips
Check out this Wiki article for tips on how to survive a restraint

How to Join:

Copy the entire list below and add your number and name to the bottom. Also, you are welcome to update your signature to show you are in the restraint -- for example, MoRO(July) #1. To do so, click Settings at the top of forum and then click Edit Signature on the left.

1) Blade4vor (Leader for July restraint)
2) socialjunk95
3) SmurfK
4) kevdogg329
5)​

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I think I'll be sitting this one out, gentlemen. I have a few products that I want to shop around for, and a couple of straights that I want to fix up. I know that being in the past four monthly restraints has definitely curbed my AD, and I've learned to appreciate what I have more. But, I've passed up a few good deals that I should have taken advantage of and don't want to have to buy all of my restoration supplies in one day. Best of luck to all of you in July.

Me in.
Just failed the June.
Don't know about the future but still worth to try IMO

2) socialjunk95
3) SmurfK
4) kevdogg329
5) Mostho

I'm in as I'm also in the GRU-Fall as well.

2) socialjunk95
3) SmurfK
4) kevdogg329
5) Mostho
6) cvargo
7) MuhleShaver

Ditto

2) socialjunk95
3) SmurfK
4) kevdogg329
5) Mostho
6) cvargo
7) MuhleShaver
8) Krakatoa

I will be sitting this one out as well. Visiting friends that month, and there will be interesting markets to check out.

Best of luck to all who join up.

For the MoRo-July 2015 Restraint:

I, Blade4vor, am going to put together a small "Successful-End-of-Restraint PIF Box" that will go to one entrant of the July 2015 Restraint Order who completes the Restraint successfully.

The recipient of this PIF will be chosen by me, Blade4vor, at the end of the July Restraint. To be considered for this PIF:

1. Your name has to be on the list for the July 2015 Restraint
2. You need to successfully complete the Restraint for July 2015
3. If you win the PIF, you must be ready, willing, and able to lead the September 2015 Restraint

I was the lucky recipient of Darth Kevdogg329's celebration box for completing the MoRO-May 2015 Restraint. This was a very generous and diverse PIF given by Darth Kevdogg. So, in that spirit, I am offering my own version for this Restraint. This is just my humble way to offer a possible incentive for a gent to complete the MoRO-July 2015 Restraint.

I have been a successful participant of two previous MoRO Restraints 2015(April and May). Everyone made these Restraint Orders very fun to be involved in. I got to know some of my fellow B&B'ers better in those Restraints. I'm hoping that the MoRO-July 2015 Restraint will be as fun and successful as these previous Restraints.

Last edited:
Sign up here for the July Restraint, Chaz. (And anybody else who is looking to curb their shaving expenditures for the month of July.)

2) socialjunk95
3) SmurfK
4) kevdogg329
5) Mostho
6) cvargo
7) MuhleShaver
8) Krakatoa
9) cmb8316

My pursuit of a slant head razor can wait another month

Top Bottom