What's new

PIF Closed-BBQ cookbook PIF Closed

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
There's a place here in Austin called Franklin Barbecue. I have not been there (Edit: I have now) to try his BBQ because of the wait times. I have talked with friends about his place and they say a 3 hour wait is pretty fast. They also give him high marks for his food. He also just started his TV series on PBS, BBQ with Franklin. I've watched all the episodes so far and they are excellent. They are very educational and I'm starving after every episode.

Here's his cookbook. You are more than welcomed to jump in from now until 7/1/2015. CONUS and Canada only. I may or may not do a random number pick thingy. Good Luck.

Just say "I'm in."

$61WhpMoMB+L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This PIF has ended.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've seen him on many shows. He gets high praise for his barbecue. I'm pretty sure he opened his own place with recipes and smoker pits that came from his former boss. He must be doing something right if it's a 3 hour wait to order. Very nice PIF, Aaron. I'm in.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Smoking PIF Aaron, not in.

I was watching Anthony Bourdain no reservation Austin Texas just the other day. Franklin Barbeque was on the show, dam that stuff looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice PIF ... not in.

I don't even own a grill, so I'd rather see it go to someone that can put it to good use.

Good Luck to whoever wins ... and we'll all be expecting an invitation to a big cookout before Labor Day.
That should give you plenty of time to do a some dry runs and experiment with the recipes.

At the very least, Mr. Lucky Winner, post up some pics of the results.

Nice PIF Aaron, not in.
I was watching Anthony Bourdain no reservation Austin Texas just the other day. Franklin Barbeque was on the show, dam that stuff looks good.

Thought that sounded familiar. Was that the Ted Nugent episode?

Last edited by a moderator:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Nice PIF Aaron. I've eaten there once and there was quite a wait, but I don't think it was 3 hours. Musta been a slow day. Brother-in-law and I just sat at a table in the waiting area and drank some beer until we got to a regular table and ordered. It was great BBQ.

I've been debating whether or not to be in...but what the heck....

I'm in.

Edit: Cancel my "I'm in" Aaron...let some people that may never get to Austin have a crack at it.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Thought that sounded familiar. Was that the Ted Nugent episode?

I don't recall seeing anything on Ted Nugent.
This has him with rock bands instead of fooodies going to places to eat in Austin. A strange mix for a geriatric old fart but it was still a good show, as the BBQ was the star.

I'm in! That spot is a destination, but I haven't been able to convince my friends to make the pilgrimage.

I don't really have any BBQ or Smoking cook books, but they are starting to interest me more and more.

Please include me, "I'm in"

Last edited:
Top Bottom