What's new

PIF Closed-BBQ cookbook PIF Closed

For sure. I am sitting on the couch and every page I skim to, I find myself reading the entire section.

Now I'm staring at the turkey breasts on pg 123 :drool:

His brisket in every photo looks 1000 times better them mine did. After I read a few chapters, I may do a brisket or Beef Ribs for my first post-Franklin Manifesto smoke and see how it turns out. I had no idea what I was doing or how to cut it the first time we did Brisket and I've never done Beef Ribs.

We've done a lot of pork lately, time for some Beef Brisket or Ribs.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I just picked up some spare ribs. So I'll be using his method of trimming it and using his rub idea. I plan on wrapping in foil at the two our mark. That all will be done on Sunday.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Aaron...I think you have created a monster.

Bruce is going to be a MAJOR force to be reckoned with in short order.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Fate has dealt us a pretty good deal with a pick of Bruce from the lucky cowboy hat. There is no pressure at all for Bruce...no pressure at all, no pressure.

....No Pressure

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Looking to up my BBQ game.

I'm in.

I'm sorry Mr West, but this PIF (pay it forward) is now closed. I see that you only have 2.0768 posts so I can understand your not knowing. PM (private message) any Steward or Moderator if you have any questions.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice PIF, his youtube channel is quite good if you are looking for something specific. I catch the show on PBS sometimes but if you missed something, youtube can be a saver!

I've been making so many mental notes and taking so many quick snap pics of lines in the Brisket and Rib section of this book, it's not even funny.

Again, I can't say how much goodness and how much great info is packed into this book.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I've been making so many mental notes and taking so many quick snap pics of lines in the Brisket and Rib section of this book, it's not even funny.

Again, I can't say how much goodness and how much great info is packed into this book.

No kidding. I had to reread the stall section 14 times.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I ordered one when the PIF went out but they had not shipped it after 5 days so I cancelled my order with the intention of buying again closer to our summer.
Well with all the photos of great BBQ by the franklins book club I re ordered again a few days ago. It just shipped and should have it mid August.
We only have one month of winter left here in NZ, so will be cooking up a storm in a cloud of smoke soon.

It's was only $16.83 on Amazon, how is a man to resist.............

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I ordered one when the PIF went out but they had not shipped it after 5 days so I cancelled my order with the intention of buying again closer to our summer.
Well with all the photos of great BBQ by the franklins book club I re ordered again a few days ago. It just shipped and should have it mid August.
We only have one month of winter left here in NZ, so will be cooking up a storm in a cloud of smoke soon.

It's was only $16.83 on Amazon, how is a man to resist.............

Man, fire, beef and smoke.....even a caveman could do it....but buy the book first.

Top Bottom