What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

100 Personna Lab blue.

Because I'm not even half way through the first 100, in nearing 2 years. Figured I better buy now so I don't run out! And, they are made in USA, are very good blades, and I happen to prefer them...

This but I actually bought 2 100 packs. I'm upset that the new blades don't have the blue wrappers. Now it's just plain white. To boring

Rockero, I could mail you a couple of blue wrappers, and you could look at them as you unwrap the white wrappers. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ILLUSION. :lol:

Today I purchased:
1000 Voskhod- quickly moved up to my go-to blade, very smooth and I get at least 8 shaves per blade
100 Rapira platinum lux- still testing it but I really like it so far
100 Rapira Swedish supersteel- haven't tried but I hear they're great

recently:
200 feather- not impressed at all, very sharp but too aggressive and unforgiving, I'll try them again someday
200 Bolzano- my previous go-to before I discovered voskhod, sharp, smooth, and they last forever
200 Treet black beauty-good blades and inexpensive
200 Croma Diamant- haven't tried them yet but they're german and I hope they're similar to Bolzano and Wilkinson (I like the German wilks)
100 supermax titanium - not too impressed so far but they'll get another shot someday
100 personna lab blues-didn't really like them much, didn't feel that smooth. I really wanted to like them since they are made in USA and I prefer to buy American products

Today I purchased:
1000 Voskhod- quickly moved up to my go-to blade, very smooth and I get at least 8 shaves per blade
100 Rapira platinum lux- still testing it but I really like it so far
100 Rapira Swedish supersteel- haven't tried but I hear they're great

recently:
200 feather- not impressed at all, very sharp but too aggressive and unforgiving, I'll try them again someday
200 Bolzano- my previous go-to before I discovered voskhod, sharp, smooth, and they last forever
200 Treet black beauty-good blades and inexpensive
200 Croma Diamant- haven't tried them yet but they're german and I hope they're similar to Bolzano and Wilkinson (I like the German wilks)
100 supermax titanium - not too impressed so far but they'll get another shot someday
100 personna lab blues-didn't really like them much, didn't feel that smooth. I really wanted to like them since they are made in USA and I prefer to buy American products

Well at least you have some good stuff for trades. I buy in bulk similarly, and it sucks when you end up with some duds, but at least they are pretty cheap.

Purchased 100 Feather carbon double edge blades directly from Japan. I don't post much but I only use carbon blades. So I have been looking for a better blade then the Treets or having to hunt for vintage for quality. Also wife uses carbons too (both have allergies to nickel in stainless blades). She's found these to be the best blades for her legs. I've found them to be the best carbons out there and for $27 per 100 directly from Japan well worth the money.

I picked up a box of 100 Personna Comfort Coated stainless steel blades from my local B&M barber supply store. The price was good and I like supporting my local businesses. Really didn't need 100 blades, but I gotten to appreciate the Personnas and I know I'll use them.

Rockero, I could mail you a couple of blue wrappers, and you could look at them as you unwrap the white wrappers. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ILLUSION. :lol:

LOL but I don't like it when companies change there packaging and logo. Maybe because of the white wrappers it is costing them less money to make the blades, therefore costing the consumer less as well to buy them.

LOL but I don't like it when companies change there packaging and logo. Maybe because of the white wrappers it is costing them less money to make the blades, therefore costing the consumer less as well to buy them.

Yes, because cutting of costs is usually passed along to consumers. /s

I liked the wrappers myself. I like to keep a few various blades "on deck", and with Russian Gillette blades also going the white wrapper route, I actually have to pay a bit more attention without artwork to see at quick glance.

Yes, because cutting of costs is usually passed along to consumers. /s

I liked the wrappers myself. I like to keep a few various blades "on deck", and with Russian Gillette blades also going the white wrapper route, I actually have to pay a bit more attention without artwork to see at quick glance.

I just noticed Astra SP has changed there wrappers to white as well. I just like seeing the vibrant colored wrappers. It reminds me of the vintage wrappers. And you can easily tell which blade is what as you said.

I've read on here that the switch to white is a cost-saving measure until the (rumored) impending shutdown of the factory. Looking at it in that light, I'm all for the white wrapper. Better a simple wrapper than no blade at all.

Finally indulged in my first 100 purchase. I went with GSB. For me, so far, it has been the most consistent all around blade. Sharp enough, very smooth and last a bit longer for me than others. I am open to suggestions on similar performing for my next try. I seem to like Russian 7'oclock and Personna Lab/Med after GSB.

Finally indulged in my first 100 purchase. I went with GSB. For me, so far, it has been the most consistent all around blade. Sharp enough, very smooth and last a bit longer for me than others. I am open to suggestions on similar performing for my next try. I seem to like Russian 7'oclock and Personna Lab/Med after GSB.

I would get the Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows, for the next purchase. Superb blade. I think they just edged out my Feathers for my #1 blade.

I just received my first order of 100 blades yesterday. I went with a variety pack, since I'm new and I don't know what I like yet. My pack had:
15 Shark Superchrome
15 Astra Superior Platinum
15 Astra Superior Stainless
15 Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow pack from St Petersburg
15 7AM, which I probably won't try based on the reviews
10 Treet
10 Crystal

The math savvy among us might notice this is conspicuously not 100 blades. Yeah... Pretty bummed to be shorted 5 blades, but overall glad to have so many well reviewed brands to try out. I also picked up a 30 pack of Feather yellows, which I'm saving until I finish all of the others that I have. You guys have done enough to scare me into respecting them more than I already respect all blades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom