What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Hundred by hundred I bought 400 of Sputnik Teflon coated because I like them for their performance and riduculous cheap price. I knew they will disapear (and I was right - today I do not see them on shelves) like many good products already did.

But my last bulk purchase was 200 NOS Sputniks - that was a blind shot as I knew they were made in USSR for local market, not export, so I risked to get much worse quality. But I am lucky - they are just fine, not as sharp, but very smooth and long lasting.

I think those were my last bulk purchases, because my stock will last my lifetime at current mileage rate :)))

Polsilver Super Iridium blades. The reason is they are my fiancée's favorite blade she's tried of my collection, and they work superbly for her in the '85 Gillette Super Adjustable she's commandeered from my collection. ;-)

What are the hot blades out there now, that you guys are buying?
Anything new? Or, just the same old stuff.

What's New? Buying the same old stuff. I have around 1,000 blades on hand of varying brands and types.

I realize that some may scoff, but at the outbreak of WWII the supply of razor blades literally dried up within days. For five years one could hardly find a new blade because they all went to the military. Parents got new blades from their children in the military who mailed them razor blade care packages or purchased them on the black market for a days pay for one blade that may or may not be new. The world today could erupt into a world war within minutes.

If something like that happened, the "one and done" blade users who don't have a stash, will shortly be shaving with broken beer bottles.

100 Personna Blues. I am most of the way through my blade sampler and these have been my favorite so far and figure even if I come across something I like a little better, I will still be happy with them. I had them in my wish list a little while and noticed the price jumped up a dollar in the last few days, so went ahead and placed the order. :)

My recent blade purchase is actually 300 blades and not 100. I got 200 Personna Blue blades because I like the close shave I get from the and the longevity of 16 two pass shaves I get out of one blade. That's around 8 years worth of shaves. The other 100 blades are Astra SP blades. I got these to try since it seems a lot of people use them and like them.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This week I ordered 100 @ 7 O'Clock Yellows, 84 @ 7 O'Clock Blacks, and 100 @ Red Israeli Personnas.

I ordered the Blacks because think I read somewhere that they may dry up sometime soon. i might have read that wrong, but either way, I like the Black ones, and thought I should stock up. This purchase will give me a stash of about 150 blades

I ordered the Reds because of what is going on with the potential Personna factory closures. They are fast becoming my go-to blade and i was down to about 40. I may order another 100 yet before long. A few weeks ago I ordered 100 Lab Blues and 120 Crystals for the same reason.

I ordered the 100 pack of Yellows simply because I want to try them. i have the Blacks and Blues. I need the two kinds of greens and the yellows. Well the yellows are inbound. At $14 per hundred its sensless to buy anything less. If i dont like them, i can trade them or give them away. No worries.

Blade hording is fun! :)

Astra Stainless (the blue ones) were my last 100 purchase.

For under 12 bucks and getting from 6 to 8 shaves apiece makes my day!

I have from between 400 to 500 blades in my stash so I won't be buying anymore for a long time.

The 100-pack that I'm waiting to be delivered is Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows. I purchased them based on their reputation, and due to the fact that I am a crazy man who buys hundreds of razor blades even though it is unlikely I will outlive the ridiculous number of blades I already have on hand.

This week I ordered 100 @ 7 O'Clock Yellows, 84 @ 7 O'Clock Blacks, and 100 @ Red Israeli Personnas.

I ordered the Blacks because think I read somewhere that they may dry up sometime soon. i might have read that wrong, but either way, I like the Black ones, and thought I should stock up. This purchase will give me a stash of about 150 blades

I ordered the Reds because of what is going on with the potential Personna factory closures. They are fast becoming my go-to blade and i was down to about 40. I may order another 100 yet before long. A few weeks ago I ordered 100 Lab Blues and 120 Crystals for the same reason.

I ordered the 100 pack of Yellows simply because I want to try them. i have the Blacks and Blues. I need the two kinds of greens and the yellows. Well the yellows are inbound. At $14 per hundred its sensless to buy anything less. If i dont like them, i can trade them or give them away. No worries.

Blade hording is fun! :)

+1 to blade hoarding as fun. :laugh:

What I found from a couple of store owners is that P&G just recently sold out of a huge surplus stock of Blacks manufactured in 2012. They are now gone. Wish I found that out before! The ones available now are manufactured in 2014 and with a higher MRP. I don't think supply is an issue with these newer Blacks.

Personna Lab Blue. Tried their barber blades on vacation last year and liked it. Seems to have the right amount of sharpness for me.

100 Gillette 7 O'Clock yellows. I recently tried one for the first time in almost two years (just after I started DE shaving) and they were a lot better than I recalled.

My last 100-pack were Voskhods. I had been reading some good praise about them and they seemed like they were about right with my other go-to blades. The rubie/dollar value made them a great deal.

Top Bottom