What's new

Best Masculine Rose-scented Eau de Parfum

Rumor has it that Creed is re-releasing Windsor next month, but under a new name - Royal Mayfair. Not a limited release either, from what I've read.

Rumor has it that Creed is re-releasing Windsor next month, but under a new name - Royal Mayfair. Not a limited release either, from what I've read.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to hunt this one down. I truly hope it is similar to Windsor. Although Creed tends to get over-hyped at times, when they get a fragrance right, it tends to be a home run.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to hunt this one down. I truly hope it is similar to Windsor. Although Creed tends to get over-hyped at times, when they get a fragrance right, it tends to be a home run.

Agree, never been able to appreciate most Creed frags, never tried Windsor, but I have Bois du Portugal, and consider it a classic.
I'll also be watching for Royal Mayfair.

Tribute Amouage ( very hard to get ---out of production)

or even better get

1) Taif Rose oil by ASAQ
2) Mix with one of the ASAQ Oud oils

you will have an amazing personalized rose that is stunning

After reading this thread (or another similar one) I purchased a sample of Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir. If you like rose, this is for you. It doesn't have much complexity beyond that, at least not for me. But it's nice enough just for the rose.

Not sure what you mean by "best" as that's so subjective. However when I want a rose-scented Eau de Parfum I go right to the source and get a Bulgarian one. The one I currently use is this one which you can pick up very cheaply on Ebay. I've got quite a few compliments on it. There's also a soap available.

$Rose oil of Bulgaria.jpg

Creed Windsor is coming back as Creed "Mayfair." Supposedly a name change only - same formulation. No date on when it will be out.

My two favorite rose fragrances are no longer available. Creed Windsor is my all time favorite scent, and I regret that I am down to my last 10-15 ml. There is a chance that Creed will release it in limited quantities some day, and if so, get some if you can afford it. Domenico Caraceni 1913 is right up there, but out of production for several years. I used to wear it often, but am now limited to special occasions. Montale Black Aoud is my favorite that is still available, although it may be the most potent fragrance I've ever tried. I limit it to a single spray, which still lasts a full day. It may seem pricey, but a 50 ml bottle will last as long as 200 ml of most other fragrances. I'm also a fan of Amouage Tribute Attar, but it is quite expensive. Another to try is Frederic Malle's Portrait of a Lady, although the name may scare most men off.

I'd say C&S 88 or Floris 89.

I like Windsor (see my post above), but I thought tobacco flower overshadowed rose in that.

Formal Rose Scent? Look no further than the best, Tom Ford Noir de Noir. just transpires class, seduction, everything. I am a niche fragrance collector and to me, this is the best rose scent ever made,

Just received my TOBS Rose shaving cream in the mail today! Will give it a go some time this week.

Update: really love the scent of this cream. Very relaxing. I wouldn't say it is "masculine," but neither is it "feminine." It is a very pleasant rose scent. Also, this is my first TOBS product; I am so far quite happy with the brand.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the rose scent does not linger long after the shave. Today's shave was with Kell's Arabian Spice soap, and that scent sticks to my face until bed time. Regardless, I am still a big fan of the TOBS rose.

Last edited:
So, my other thread got me thinking. My one cologne can be used wearing anything from pajamas to a business suit, and, all points between. But, if I ever had reason to wear a tux (and I have before, so, I might, again) I'd want to dress up the scent as well.

I remember there was one that was all-the-rage back in the 80's. I can't quite put my finger on the name, though.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Rose Oud by Killian

Top Bottom