What's new

Shavepocalypse - do the math

When I settled on Valobra as my soap and stocked up, I thought I was set. 9 pucks of AoS, 4 Valobra pucks, 1 Valobra stick, 1 Tabac, 1 Speick (just to mix things up).

But looking at a pile of soap is deceiving. I weighed the new Valobra stick before and after my shave, and it lost 2 grams! That means even with all those pucks, I still only have a few years of soap!

This is not enough to prepare for the shavepocalypse. I'm screwed.

That sounds about right to me. A 50-gram stick lasts me maybe just over a month. So at 10 sticks or 5 100-gram pucks a year roughly, I guess it still depends on how much longer you plan to live :)

Loading sparingly, you should be able to coax four to six months out of an AoS puck. So, thirty pucks would get you ten to fifteen years' worth of terrific shaves. You'd need about 100 to 150 pucks for a 50-year supply.

Let us know how it goes. :tongue_sm

When I settled on Valobra as my soap and stocked up, I thought I was set. 9 pucks of AoS, 4 Valobra pucks, 1 Valobra stick, 1 Tabac, 1 Speick (just to mix things up).

But looking at a pile of soap is deceiving. I weighed the new Valobra stick before and after my shave, and it lost 2 grams! That means even with all those pucks, I still only have a few years of soap!

This is not enough to prepare for the shavepocalypse. I'm screwed.
Jim could make that last through 2087. How long are you planning on living?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
With 20 flavors of Mama Bear, 3 D.R. Harris, some Cella, several varied triple milled, a couple sticks of Arko, 6 or so creams and some other soaps, I think I'm set for at least 10 years. But I didn't do the math, just guessing.

I'm simply not going to shave in the apocalypse. surviving is more important.
mean you have to somehow get warm water, or use cold, and then why risk possibly cutting yourself with no hospitals. plus a beard will keep you warmer. I enjoy shaving but in a apocalypse its just not needed, and probably a waste of effort.

mean you have to somehow get warm water, or use cold, and then why risk possibly cutting yourself with no hospitals. plus a beard will keep you warmer. I enjoy shaving but in a apocalypse its just not needed, and probably a waste of effort.

Go ahead and skip shaving....I'll be over here with the BBS face and all the chicks. Ladies love the smooth chin.

The Shavepocalypse is not quite as dramatic as The Apocalypse.
It's close, though.

The Shavepocalypse has already occurred... it's when you can find nothing but canned foam/gel and ridiculously overpriced 5-blade cartridges on the shelves. Thankfully we have the Internet and if all the bigger companies conspired, we still have small, independent artisan soap makers.

To properly prepare for the pending shavepocalypse you need 2 things;
1) Buy Buy Buy. Get yourself a large stash.
2) Create a Plan B in case #1 doesn't carry you through to the end.

I have a Plan B. It consist of a Straight Razor and Drain Oil....'nuff said.

Top Bottom