What's new

My prized recipe for you guys

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Venison sausage and homemade buttermilk pancakes. I didn't have the Montreal seasoning so I made my own. Luckily I had sage.

The gravy is now thickening slowly
$image.jpg

Buttermilk biscuits
$image.jpg$image.jpg
Tater tots from last night

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The venison sausage can be very strong and salty in flavor. Cooking it in the gravy tames it nicely.

....enjoyed very much and the wife gave a thumbs up.

Sounds great. Biscuits came to mind straight away, of course, but what else could it accompany? Mashed potatoes come to mind too, or rice.

Some nice pan fried potatoes work well. I like to put it in a burrito with scrambled eggs, peppers, onions, a bit of hot sauce as well. Or over the top, enchilada style.

$IMG_0566.jpg
Fried potatoes with onion (of course), scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar, buttermilk biscuits all topped with a few scoops of gravy. I will 100% make the gravy again. It was absolutely amazing. I have a left-over biscuit topped with some gravy sitting in front of me right now. Highly recommend this one.

(FTFY)

Last edited by a moderator:
Threw this together this morning. Didn't have Montreal seasoning but had some Chicago stuff. Very easy to make. Whipped up some biscuits, Yumm.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Yojimbo;
Mmmm Mmmm Good..sounds a little like our Army Creamed Ground Beef! :drool:

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/265530-Looking-For-U-S-Army-S-O-S-Recipe?p=3682686&highlight=SOS+gravy#post3682686

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A smiling face is half the meal". Culinary Proverb [/FONT]

PS
proxy.php
"Up in the morning before day. I don't like it no way.
Eat my breakfast too darn soon. Hungry as a billy goat by noon.
Went to the mess hall on my knees. I said, "Mess Sergeant, Mess Sergeant feed me please!"
Mess Sergeant said with a big ol'grin..."If you wanna be Infrantry you gotta be thin"

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yojimbo;
Mmmm Mmmm Good..sounds a little like our Army Creamed Ground Beef! :drool:

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/265530-Looking-For-U-S-Army-S-O-S-Recipe?p=3682686&highlight=SOS+gravy#post3682686

attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"A smiling face is half the meal". Culinary Proverb [/FONT]

PS
proxy.php
"Up in the morning before day. I don't like it no way.
Eat my breakfast too darn soon. Hungry as a billy goat by noon.
Went to the mess hall on my knees. I said, "Mess Sergeant, Mess Sergeant feed me please!"
Mess Sergeant said with a big ol'grin..."If you wanna be Infrantry you gotta be thin"

I'd like to meet this Mess Sergeant.....No I wouldn't.

Top Bottom