What's new

Satin Tip "The Purest" Synthetic-Black Edition

Just got this brush today.. I LOVE IT!! im hoping that it actually lasts me.. after seeing the pictures im worried.. but this brush has jumped to my number one spot.. i love the look,feel,softness,backbone.. gonna order another one just to have as a backup. im scared now though, cuz i see the string is holding the fibers together and my string was sticking out of the handle and i was like why is this here and cut the string so it doesnt show. i hope it doesnt unravel.

Dont think you need to worry. It was probably just the end of the string. The knot is glued together pretty good I don't think you'll have any issue.

got min in yesterday. so 2nd shave with it. Planning to use it with all 12 of my soaps. I love how soft it is. Its softer than my silver tip badger. I also love how fast it can be ready(no soaking) then it makes a wonderful lather and post shave it seems to dry within minutes. This is my first synthetic, so how long do you all wait for it to dry before putting it away? normally I wait a whole 24 hours with my boars/badger. would 30 minutes(same I wait for soap to dry) be good? outside feels dry but I worry about the knot and mold.

I think I might order another one in white, or perhaps I should try the fine brush. I love my boars but if I'd started with this I don't know that I'd ordered more brushes. ok I probably would as I like the variety lol

I only have the black one. I really like it and the only thing that I have noticed is the handle surface is kind of soft/grippy, which is nice, but seems to be wearing/scuffing a bit, time will tell if this is a problem. It won't affect the shaving but might affect the ascetics. With all black color you really notice if there is any soap residue left on the brush after rinsing, so I have probably been more diligent in rinsing/cleaning the brush. Have been using it for a couple of weeks and works really well with my Proraso shave cream and bowl lathering. Great brush so far.

I have this brush as well and was considering getting the white version until I noticed it was 24.99 now and I hesitated and did not pull the trigger. Anyone else think this brush is worth 24.99 + 6.99 shipped?

I have been using this brush with various soaps to see how it would lather each one and have been extremely surprised. This brush is a lathering machine. Mama Bears, Queen Charlotte, Catie's Bubbles, DR Harris, La Toja Manataniales- all have produced the type of lather you would expect from using another brush for a 1-2 minute lathering period.

This brush produces lather(enough for 2 head passes and then 2 face passes) after only 15-30 seconds of loading!!!! I keep thinking I have been doing something wrong all along, but realize it's technology that has made my lathering skills obsolete. I am still going to go into the bowels of my den and locate those soaps that have proven to be persnickety in being lathered, but so far, everything I have thrown at the Satin Tip has been thrown back as yogurty goodness.

My only complaint so far, is that this brush is much smaller in hand than what I'm used to. That's it, that's the list.

marty

The major appeal was the price. Now that it got reviews in they raised the price but much of the praise we for the bargain. It's still a good brush I'm sure but loses the must buy status now at this price.

I updated the synthetic thread and this one, the Satin Tip Brush is back to 14.99 again on straightrazor.com if anyone wanted to try it. At that price, I like the brush.

I just used mine for the first time today (black). I let curiosity get the better of me and figured the $15 price was over so bought it at $25... two days later, back down to $15. Ouch (yes, kinda bitter and a little surly).

Very soft brush -- and agree with previous post that when you splay it out, you start to feel the sides of the fibers and it is a bit scrubbier. Not bad but unique in that feel. Well worth $15 for sure.

One thing that crossed my mind was to get the white version and dye it with RIT for a truly custom looking brush (two band in blue anyone?)

I've used mine for about a month now and have not had an issue lathering any of my soaps, from the super hard triple milled all the way down to LPV. Its almost as soft as my Plisson...almost. And it stills looks new, but it now performs better than when it was new. I know they say synthetics dont break in, but this brush got better with use for sure.

I just used mine for the first time today (black). I let curiosity get the better of me and figured the $15 price was over so bought it at $25... two days later, back down to $15. Ouch (yes, kinda bitter and a little surly).

Very soft brush -- and agree with previous post that when you splay it out, you start to feel the sides of the fibers and it is a bit scrubbier. Not bad but unique in that feel. Well worth $15 for sure.

One thing that crossed my mind was to get the white version and dye it with RIT for a truly custom looking brush (two band in blue anyone?)
Dipping it in RIT sounds like an awesome idea. Dip the tips in a color and let it hang to dry for about 24 hours and boom. A custom brush that will look amazing. :thumbup:

Top Bottom