What's new

DIY Vodka Infusing?

Just to clarify, did you grate the root or stick it in whole?
i peeled the root and chopped it into chunks that would fit into the mouth of the bottle.i think i let it sit for a month or so.
sorry it took so long to reply.i was without net access for a few days due to bad weather/tornadoes etc. then had yard work to do.

i peeled the root and chopped it into chunks that would fit into the mouth of the bottle.i think i let it sit for a month or so.
sorry it took so long to reply.i was without net access for a few days due to bad weather/tornadoes etc. then had yard work to do.

No worries. I don't sit around expecting an immediate response. :wink:

I haven't tried this so it may still not work, but I imagine that either grating or pounding the root a bit would make it a little easier to infuse with. It should increase the amount of juice and surface area you're working with at least.

There's an infused gin I came across called Bulldog. I mean gin was probably the original infused vodka anyhow, right? But this one had poppy, lemon, almond and something called "Dragon Eye" which is like lychee that they say is an afrodisiac. It's pretty good, and all the infusing is already taken care of.

Top Bottom