What's new

Costco getting in on DE shaving

Costco is selling a "Baxter of California" set that looks like a rebranded Muhle/EJ for a stellar deal. Razor, brush (BoC says silvertip), stand, cream, aftershave, all for $160.

It's more than Connaught Shaving, but the fact that a store like Costco is getting into the game is awesome!

Last edited:
If that isn't proof that wet shaving is on the rise (however slightly) I don't know what is! Great find and especially with a silver tip. Do you have any pictures?

Edited: oh that's fancy. Yeah. I've heard they're a rebranded Mühle and I believe it now.

Last edited:
I was just in a small town drug store in Canada just north of Montreal last week, and they stocked pretty much the full line of Tabac, and Proraso shaving products along with a variety of Omega brushes.
Oddly only a few DE blades, and no SE's....may have been sold out.
Glad to see more retailers coming around again
:thumbup1:

Thanks for the tip.

I don't have a local Costco, only a Sam's Club, but since Walmart has started carrying VDH sets similar to this might make their into Sam's. Since you mentioned it I'll check ours out later today.

I was just in Costco yesterday! Oh well, guess I will have to go back today and get another $1.50 hot dog and drink so I can see if mine has it. A while back I noticed that Sam's had a similar set from AoS. I wonder if this is some kind of competition.

They also have a Jack Black 4 pc Luxury Kit on the website. DE razor, brush, tube of cream, tube of facial cleanser. Doesn't say what the brush hairs are composed of thiugh. But it's cool that they offer more than one selection for DE shaving.

At that price point, people will ever more go for the cartridges they sell down the aisle. . That is just too much for people to commit to spending when their cartridges cost 30-40.

I would imagine Costco is just trying the market for Father's day.
They can easily quit the imitative once they figure they make less sales than they planned. After all, it's all about sales.
Don't get too excited about it, folks!

I believe it's the Jack Black Brush which is made by Muhle and is one of their second generation (V 2) synthetic brushes. It's a very nice brush. It's not exactly the same as the (similar sized) medium Muhle synthetic V 2.0 -- both are good though. I use the Muhle one as my travel brush as the Jack Black one has a very heavy handle.

They also have a Jack Black 4 pc Luxury Kit on the website. DE razor, brush, tube of cream, tube of facial cleanser. Doesn't say what the brush hairs are composed of thiugh. But it's cool that they offer more than one selection for DE shaving.

I kinda hate to see the big box stores get in the DE game. There is little doubt they will flood the market with cheap , and sometimes dangerous, Chinese razors that are razors in name only. Sure, there will be some quality shaving products slip though but there won't be many.

Education of our friends and family shaving topic will save many from wasting money on junk razors. Talk to them..........

Top Bottom