What's new

Time for a New Rose

I am reaching the end of life on a puck of Geo F Trumper's Rose shaving soap. It has been the most inconsistent and difficult soaps I have owned, which was unexpected as the previous puck was find. Looking for suggestions for a rose soap replacement as I will not be purchasing one from GFT.

Thanks

How about Dusy? Seems to be a clone of Klar Kabinett. I got a sample, and had a lovely shave with it the other day. Not the most protective, if that's what you're after. A fun- if not top shelf- soap with what was to me a very lovely scent. The scent isn't too feminine, light rose that manages to be a clearly male scent.

Mikes Rose and Cedar is nice if its available. The Rose is excellent, the cedar just gives it a slight earthy tone.

St. Charles Shave
Queen Charlotte Soap

Both make excellent rose soaps. QCS cream is almost a solid, like a soap.

I shaved my last three shaves with Truefitt + Hill Rose Cream, and it is fantastic, as mentioned above.

I'll pile on for Soap Commander's Love too.

I used Klar Kabinett for a few years and had a love hate relationship with it. I loved the scent and the lather it made, but found it to be drying. I first tried Soap Commander because of the description that Love was a "dupe" of Klar Kabinett. I think that they nailed the scent (it may subtly be better than KK), but created a soap that is much more moisturizing than KK.

It looks like I'm with a lot of other folks:

Mike's Rose and Cedarwood
Soap Commander Love

Both scents are great and both offer outstanding performance as well as really nice post-shave feel. The ingredient lists of each are what most anyone would be happy with, I think.

I haven't found a rose scent in a soap that I like as much as GFT. I only have a little remaining of an older GFT rose soap so I don't use it that often. I get my rose fix with T&H Rose cream. It's the only cream I have. Mike's is a good soap, but I didn't like the cedarwood scent in his rose. We need Harris to come out with a nice rose soap.

I'm not a rose fan, but I have a sample of Soap Commander Love and it is actually very nice as far as rose scents go. If you'd like to try it out shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you.

If it doesn't have to be a pure rose scent, you could try Mystic Water's Rosalimone. It is mostly rose, with just a bit of lemon to brighten it. It's a really nice scent. One of my favorites.

Rose is one of my favorite scents. Some that I love are:

Mike's Rose & Cedarwood (my hands down favorite)
Queen Charlotte Soaps Rose Otto (I have the cream, but it's hard, like a soap)
Catie's Bubbles Rose du Mechant

Can't go wrong with any of those, imho!

+1 on Le Pere Lucien Rose de Puskar.

It has a wonderful masculine rose scent and it's a top notch performer.

It's also available at Gifts & Care.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will order a sample from Mike's. It's great to see the number of boutique soap makers that have come along in the last few years. What a great time for our hobby and our passion.

Top Bottom