What's new

Weck pass around, round 3

My last shave with the Weck this morning. Started with a very nice shave using Mitchell Wool Fat soap. Went at it very slow and easy and a light touch. Started on my ATG pass on my upper lip and got a pretty heavy weeper on my upper lip. I think that if I gave this a couple more weeks, that I could get it down. It was a nice comfortable shave and the sharpness does help me with shaving my chin as opposed to my straight razors. Just to make clear, I wouldn't recommend that anyone try this without the guard. I needed to be extremely careful even with the guard. I added another 5 Personna blades to the pack so that it could keep going. The Weck is a nice razor and has a nice feel, but it isn't very forgiving. Thanks again to Imatabor and Good Luck to Ducati Scotty. I will ship the razor off on Monday.

It arrived today. There are some serious layers of tape on that box now!

It has a nice size to it. Just from a dry run with no blade I can tell it's much easier to handle than the smaller Hair Shaper model. Nice hearty scales too, gives it a nice feel though it does fell light overall. Are those the original scales?

Looking forward to tomorrow's shave. Going to have to shake the rust off my technique.

Scott

First shave this morning, a simple two pass. I got a few nicks but that is because my technique is rusty. It is very easy to shave with but it is kind of light. Still, I got a very nice shave.

More to come...

Another nice shave today. WTG and XTG on cheeks, WTG and ATG on neck. I'd say I got a very close shave today. Though the razor is light the size and heft scales give it a really good feel. The one thing I feel the light weight makes it tough to do is ATG on spots like chin and upper lip. The weight of a real straight helps give a little momentum in these areas that makes a real difference.

The sharpness of the blade is great. It really helps with getting a close shave. The one place I find that edge really tough to manage is when you hesitate. Being fairly rusty on my straight technique right now, sometimes I put the razor into position but pause just a moment before starting a stroke. The edge does not forgive. With that amazing sharpness, a pause with just a hint of a wiggle in your hand will cut. I felt a few small bites yesterday but none drew blood, just the pain. Today however I got a nice gash right along my left ear. Nice sharp edges leave nice clean wounds that don't like to stop bleeding. It's still weeping a bit now even a few hours later at work. No real biggie, I just have to remember to be more smooth and confident.

Scott

One more nice shave today. I'd say im getting as close or even closer shaves than I did with my real straight. You do have to respect how sharp the Personna blades are but they make for a very close shave. It might not be the best tool for a complete beginner. I can see why shavettes get a reputation for being quite aggressive. I do really appreciate not needing to strop every day.

Scott

One final shave today. I've had some unexpected travel come up so I'll be sending it back tomorrow. Another nice shave. I really liked the Weck. If I was going to straight shave again I'd certainly get a disposable blade razor. The feel is really good, very close to a true straight except for the weight. Not needing to strop every day is very nice. It's certainly a sharp blade but you get used to it. It requires respect but makes it easy to get a very close shave.

Scott

The Weck has arrived home safe and sound. Thanks everyone for playing. Also Thanks for taking such great care of it.

Top Bottom