What's new

DIY Razor Holder

After brainstorming for a bit, I have come up with a DIY to suit my current needs at very little cost. This is easily modified for other applications, and can be moved very easily because of the zip ties.

1/2 inch pvc couplings - 34 cents each:

proxy.php

Krylon fusion or equivalent paint specifically for plastic - I chose black:

proxy.php

Note the tab - this should go up - keeps the coupling from sliding down:

proxy.php

2 Zip ties for a vertical position (I melted the sharp edges away with a flame after the pic was taken):

proxy.php

And voila! :

proxy.php

This is my current apartment set-up. Hope to have a house in a few moths so I can have a proper shave den. The couplings can easily be glued 2 end to end and attached to a strip of your choosing for a counter top stand as well - if you don't want them hanging.

I love low cost DIY. Hope this gives you guys some ideas.

That's a pretty cool setup to get it up off of the sink! Good job.
Note that you can also use wood stain on PVC. Course sandpaper to give it some "grain" first.

Zipties can't be beat. They are waterproof, tight-gripping, flexible, and many other good things. If you goof them up they are cheap. You can cut them and try another. I use them for hanging blade sleeves by the cut-outs and holes provided in the packaging. Bed, Bath and Beyond has a lot of bathroom organizers, including the ones that fit over the toilet tank and that stand up in the shower. They look similar to what you have on the wall.

Top Bottom