What's new

Pinaud Clubman

I really want to like Clubman Original, but I can't for the love of me get past the scent, which is just revoltingly offensive. Special Reserve however is possibly my favourite aftershave. Absolutely love that stuff.

I love the Clubman, but strangely I find its scent to be very strong and very long-lasting. I actually cut it with witch hazel, along with adding 1 drop/oz. glycerin.

For those of us in the US who are Of A Certain Age, it brings back memories of barbershops where, in my neck of the woods, after trimming the sideburns and back of the neck with a straight razor, the barber would dust you with Clubman talc.

That's actually the best clue for me when checking out a new barber: if the shop smells like Clubman when you walk in, they've passed the first test.
:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

YEP. For those of us of a certain age.

This is what the barbers in my home town used. No Clubman means that it is NOT a classic barbershop. It is that easy.

For us Canucks of a certain age, the same holds true! The barbershop I frequent has a small display of talc and Jeris hair tonic. I'm always asked if I want gel or some sort of stuff put in afterwards. I'm going straight home to shower off those tiny little hairs anyway, so no thanks. I have ample supplies at home following the tiny little hair removal. One of these days I'll build the courage to ask how much the stuff on display is going for...probably not cheaper than at Sally's!

:001_cool::001_cool::001_cool:

Yes indeed. In fact, Pinaud started in France. Clubman is a CLASSIC for men of a certain age!!

Pinaud Clubman is the cats meow!!! I love that stuff! I use the shampoo, hair tonic, and hair gel, along with the AS

I feel grossly inferior. I have been using Clubman for decades, occasionally the Talc. Now I need to find the shampoo and hair gel.

I wanted to like the Clubman after shave, based on reviews on this forum and on Youtube, but I just cannot seem to appreciate the scent. Even my wife does not like it. I like more "citrusy" fragrances and the spice ones.

Have it for a month now.
its ok, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I don't see what others find so masculine about it....smells powdery, floral to me.
surprisingly it gets a pass from my wife who ranks it higher than Captains Choice Bay Rum (hates it), but lower than Lucky Tiger.

the label bothers me as I don't know what th hell a "clubman" is that I'm supposed to be smelling like, and the picture of the dandy doesn't help.
lol

Top Bottom