What's new

Conan nails it for next Greatful Dead album

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
proxy.php

I was once arrested in the parking lot before a Grateful Dead concert. I was booked and released on bail and only missed the band tuning up.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was once arrested in the parking lot before a Grateful Dead concert. I was booked and released on bail and only missed the band tuning up.

I know how you feel. I was once sentenced to fifteen to twenty, and missed the drums and space parts.

Oh come on guys. I for one cannot wait to pay 300 bucks to watch a bunch of elderly hippies screw around on guitar for three hours in 90 degree heat. It will be the highlight of my summer.

ouch

But Beginish came 'round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny bit. But, seriously, who's spending that kind of money to buy those albums (honestly, I don't even know what they're called anymore) when you've always been able to get the concert recordings for free?

Never got the "love" that Dead-heads have for this band. I mean, I have listened to a fair bit of stuff that came out before "Touch of Grey", and the musicianship is okay . . . the songs are all pretty decent folkie rock but . . . meh.

ouch

:lol:

Test me, test me, ...

A reprint from a mod forum thread in January, just for you.

The last time I saw them was in the 80's at the Meadowlands. There were eight of us. No sooner did my friend hand his ticket to the attendant than an enormous crowd stormed the gate. All the guards and ticket takers were trampled, and there was nobody remaining to take our tickets, so we sauntered in. When we got to our seats, I quipped "They didn't even take my ticket." Someone said "Me too", followed by "Same here" and "I still have mine, too."

I said "pass them down", then "I'll be right back." I walked out of the arena with seven tickets, sold six of them, and used the last to get back in. I asked my poor friend, who laid out the cash for the tickets and was almost crushed going in, how much we owed him for the seats. I peeled off some slimy, possibly LSD infused bills and handed them to him. Then I handed him some more to cover his ticket, did a quick count, and said "We still have just shy of 200 bucks left for dinner after the show."

Mind you, this was at a time when spending 200 bucks at Chinatown could feed an army and get you arrested, which pretty much almost happened. Ah, the good old days.

I will gladly listen to my soundboard of the Cornell show that day.

My girls love Iko Iko, and I will play that, along with their mid-80s cover of La Bamba.

I will close the day with a close listen of Terrapin Station, "the spiral light of Venus rising first and shining best."

I will gladly listen to my soundboard of the Cornell show that day.

My girls love Iko Iko, and I will play that, along with their mid-80s cover of La Bamba.

I will close the day with a close listen of Terrapin Station, "the spiral light of Venus rising first and shining best."

Last edited by a moderator:
No other band could make that song sound so raw, honest and sincere. The "vocal groups" like CSN would make it sound unbelievable with their harmonies, but nowhere near as pure.

Top Bottom