What's new

Best Russian Blade

I wonder what will happen in a few years from now, when everyone has stocked up a lifetime supply of Russian blades :wink2:

If you like the Gillette Nacet blades they are about ten cents a peace on the bay if you get them in the 500 pack! 49.99 delivered seems a lot but compare to carts its nothing!

I couldn't resist that deal. 500 Nacets are heading my way from Jordan!

So far, Gillette Platinums and Gillette Nacets. I don't seem to feel much of a difference between the two, but the Nacets are cheaper.

I have been using a Nacet and currently it's on my shave number 11 and it's still working good

I like the Astra Superior Stanless (SS) from the blue box in my Merkur slant. Strangely, when I was using a Merkukr Future, the Astra Super Platinim (SP) from the green box seemed to work better.

They're both well made blades for a fair price!

Perma Sharps have been mentioned, and they're a favorite of mine. But PermaSharp Supers are also great blades. Little talked about these days because it's hard to find them anywhere outside of one turkish vendor. But great blades nonetheless.

Astra, and then Silver Blue. Actually, I never had a bad shave from any Gillette brand made in St Pete....

Perma Sharps have been mentioned, and they're a favorite of mine. But PermaSharp Supers are also great blades. Little talked about these days because it's hard to find them anywhere outside of one turkish vendor. But great blades nonetheless.

PermaSharp Super can be picked up right from Amazon, and for a pretty reasonable price too. It is surprising more vendors don't carry this blade.

Last edited:
PermaSharp Super can be picked up right from Amazon, and for a pretty reasonable price too. It is surprising more vendors don't carry this blade.

That's a great price on these fine blades. More people ought to give them a try now that they are available on Amazon.

Just tried a gsb for the first time tonight I really enjoyed the shave it felt sharp and smooth but just the right amount of both probably next week im going to try the 7 oclock yellows and see how they compare

Perma Sharp's have been a fantastic surprise and an incredible blade. Have 20 of them and got 4 3-pass shaves off the 1st blade. BBS both face and neck. Really enjoying this blade a lot.

I'm keeping data on 12 key success factors of all my shaves. Regardless of soap, cream, razor used, anything coming out from Mostochlegmash usually comes on top over PPI's offering.

My preference goes to Voskhod over Rapira Swedish Supersteel.

Top Bottom