What's new

Queso

Telecastic...

From one classy gentleman to another...

It's ok to drink the cheese through the straw. For you squeamish types, you can always get one of those free plastic spoons the store offers and just use that instead.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We make a great queso at the restaurant I work at. All it really consists of is our pico de gallo with melted queso cheese. We make it in huge batches, so I don't have exact measurements.

-Sautee pico de gallo in butter
-when cooked, drain and return to pot
-slowly add queso cheese that has been cut into small squares
-add canned green chiles
-add salt, tobasco and garlic powder to taste
-Keep melting cheese into pico over low heat. Never allow the cheese to boil or burn to the bottom.

Cheeze Whiz + Salsa + Microwave = Delicious.

As soon as I read your post, I checked to see if you're Canadian. Why is that? I , too, love KD.

Mike

I didn't realize it was a particularly Canadian thing. I also love KD. Especially with cut up hot dogs (or better yet, smokies), and fresh ground pepper.

Around here Wal-mart carries some of the Queso Blanco in the cheese section with the other mexican cheeses. It is especially for melting. Instruction on the package. If I remember right you add sour cream or milk then microwave, season to taste.

Makes a good white cheese dip or enchilada sauce.

Here is my family's simple recipe. You may not like it, but we always do.

• One lb Velveeta pasturized process cheese food stuff
  • One can original Rotel diced tomatoes and chili peppers
Cut the cheese stuff into one inch cubes. Add the Rotel. Microwave until it is all melted, stirring occasionally. Enjoy.

Tim

I use this recipe too, its right off the rotel can, tastes good, and its hard to mess it up.

another vote here for the Rotel/velveeta recipes. MMMMMM! You can "mix it up" by using different types of rotel (spicy/regular)...they are all quite tasty, but nothing really beats the original rotel and velveeta.

What kind of cheese Ed?

Any cheese labeled "queso" cheese. I know they come under a few different names, but I dont know them off the top of my head. It will be white. I usually find it in the ethnic section of the refrigerated section along with the corn tortillas. I've also seen similar cheese in the specialty cheese section in most grocery stores.

here is a passable recipie:
2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped mixed pablano and red pepper
1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped mild green chiles
finely chopped jalapeno peppers, to taste, optional
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Any cheese labeled "queso" cheese. I know they come under a few different names, but I dont know them off the top of my head. It will be white. I usually find it in the ethnic section of the refrigerated section along with the corn tortillas. I've also seen similar cheese in the specialty cheese section in most grocery stores.

I think the term I have seen most often on genuine Mexican restaurant cheese packages is "melting cheese".

Tim

Top Bottom