What's new

Brush making with my father!

Also, just a question. My father is pretty sold on building the lather in a mug like his father did. are there any mugs you would advise? I will pass on the advice to him.

Aaron, those are some totally cool brushes! I have enjoyed following this thread as much as any that I have seen on this site. You and your Dad are to be commended for your artistic sense and your skill as craftsmen! And I am very impressed that, even though you are two quite different people in your approaches to life, you still have built a close relationship with each other. Well done!

Aaron, those are some totally cool brushes! I have enjoyed following this thread as much as any that I have seen on this site. You and your Dad are to be commended for your artistic sense and your skill as craftsmen! And I am very impressed that, even though you are two quite different people in your approaches to life, you still have built a close relationship with each other. Well done!
Thank you good sir!

Also, just a question. My father is pretty sold on building the lather in a mug like his father did. are there any mugs you would advise? I will pass on the advice to him.

Perhaps a vintage Old Spice mug? Try some antique stores close by, you never know what you can find. Personally, I find mugs to be a bit too small to build lather in and you end up banging the handle against the side constantly. I use a scuttle at home myself. From Georgetown Pottery.

Oh and last but definitely not least, kudos to you for spending the time with your dad. It's cool that you are both so different yet can find things in common that you both love to do. Very cool project and good for you for following it through. I hope you both enjoy your brushes in good health!

I also like the Old Spice mugs. I have three of them and have had at least a dozen pass through my hands. Ebay is your friend.

As promised here is the pictures of the brush in action.
I used DRH Windsor, and oh man this brush whipped up some really nice, thick, creamy and slick lather. I am in love. haha
Side view.
$20150624_114908.jpg
Top view
$20150624_114913.jpg
Here is the brush with the after use spread. what a fantastic brush, I am blown away with it's performance.
$20150624_120232.jpg

As promised here is the pictures of the brush in action.
I used DRH Windsor, and oh man this brush whipped up some really nice, thick, creamy and slick lather. I am in love. haha
Side view.
View attachment 581987
Top view
View attachment 581988
Here is the brush with the after use spread. what a fantastic brush, I am blown away with it's performance.
View attachment 581989

And that is what makes the morning shave so pleasurable.

We still need a lather shot of your dad's brush.

Top Bottom