What's new

June Contest

May's winner PMed me and suggests

"The Color Of Flowers"

Cutoff for entries will be the 20th, and voting from the 20th to the 25th.

as always,

One entry per person
You must be the photographer
Try to make it a recent one.

Good luck, and shoot safe!

Actually took this 2-May-2015. Hope that is recently enough.
Hills and Dales Metroparks. Went on Photo Safari. Took around 300 shots and liked (meaning did not delete) around 25-30.
Like enough to print 5
Liked the printed ones enough to keep on my wall 3. This is one of them.
$entry (1 of 1).jpg

This was a hard one to choose. I have a lot of flower pictures. I chose this one for the vivid contrasting colors, that being the theme.

Unedited photos only?

I would hope not. There really isn't any reason to disallow editing a photo for this type of thing, unless the theme is "straight from the camera". Plus, I could probably edit a photo and you would probably never know :)

Even "editing" goes on in film photography. In B&W photography, I'll print on the grade of paper that gives me the contrast I'm looking for in the final print. Does it match the original negative? Maybe, maybe not. Does it really matter?

Newb to the thread... this is edited...
If I broke a rule I will self Disqualify.
Please advise.

I wasn't referring to you at all good sir. I asked in the last month's thread but didn't get the answer. The reason I asked is I can make a HEAVILY edited photo that would have so many colors it's insane. I just wanted to make sure, had I gone that route, it would be acceptable to last month's winner. :001_smile

I wasn't referring to you at all good sir. I asked in the last month's thread but didn't get the answer. The reason I asked is I can make a HEAVILY edited photo that would have so many colors it's insane. I just wanted to make sure, had I gone that route, it would be acceptable to last month's winner. :001_smile
If you are talking about settings like surreal in photo matrix, I personally have no issue.. And sometimes you can get an interesting picture, like this:
$image.jpg$image.jpg

No worries...
i seem to be between blooms right now. Everywhere I usually go the earlier bloomers have bloomed and the later ones haven't yet. I had to use a shot I got last month.

Top Bottom