What's new

Speakeasy Acquisitions - May 08

I was at the Chicago Pipe Show the past couple of days.

Thursday I smoked some 40+ years old Three Nuns - WOW. Sat around the smoking tent drinking and talking to some people from Smokers Forum, one of which I'll meet up later as I'm on the Lakeland Lovers Box pass with him. (I only had a couple of different lakeland blends.)

Friday - picked up some Squadron Leader Special Edition. It is the orginal blend with a dash of perique. It's quite good. In the smoking tent I was sitting chatting with 2 carvers from Austria who had their pipes confiscated by customs for underdeclared value. They got their pipes back Sat. after paying $3k. One was Peter Matzhold and the other was David Wagner

Saturday I picked up a Cavicchi and a Mark Tinsky and some samples from C&D. I also tried Pease's Key Largo.

A day of fishing off Hatteras.....not a huge catch, but enough yellowfin tuna (and one dolphin) for the grill this summer...:smile:

Picked up one of these...

proxy.php

5 Packs of the following are in the mail as we speak...
Torano 1916 Camaroon Robustos
RP Connecticut Toros
5 Vegas Gold Nuggets

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
repost of second pic.

Wow, I've never seen that before. For a moment I thought they changed the lovely, whimsical label of the Squadron Leader.
I think Cavicchi is one of the greatest values in pipes, too.

After the thwarted purchase of an AT33ANV :mad:

The replacement for my stricken Audio Technica AT33E :frown:

An Audio Technica AT33PTG

proxy.php

To accompany the above

proxy.php

Calexico - Feast Of Wire
Whiskeytown - Strangers Almanac (180g Vinyl)
Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis (200g Vinyl)
Alice - Tom Waits

Wow, I've never seen that before. For a moment I thought they changed the lovely, whimsical label of the Squadron Leader.
I think Cavicchi is one of the greatest values in pipes, too.

The sample I had was really good. I should of bought 10 tins instead of 5. I hear it sold out on Friday, pipesandcigars.com had a few tins but sold out very quickly also. The Cavicchi is such a good no great smoker.

I only wish I could afford a Matzhold, he's a great guy. The few pipes I saw of his were spectacular. One was carved 90 degrees off axis with a cool grain pattern.

Hi all,

This was an gift I purchased for myself actually last month, but have been busy such that I could only read the forum, not post.

I was hired into a new job in Jan and was waiting to buy something... With a 9mo old, it wasn't the time to get the Porsche (although I did test drive them), so I finally settled upon this:

I have had the 8 and 12 year, and I have to say, this is more understated. No fire, just taste (now I sound like an add).

Over and out.

i just got the most american shoes i could find. They're New Balance 574 flag edition. And i know what you're thinking. "These are some pretty ugly shoes." But i don't care: 1. great conversation starter 2. i love america

Ordered a few Cigars...

5 CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Robustos
5 Flor d' Oliva Robustos
5 Perdomo Lot 23 Natural Robustos
5 Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robustos
10 Carlos Torano Signature Robustos
5 Rocky Patel R4 Maduro Robustos
5 Fonseca 5-50

I fell prey to marketing in the beer cooler last night. I saw and interesting bottle with an interesting name and bought it.

proxy.php

Only then when I got home did I notice "Margaritaville" on the bottle...oh no, I bought Jimmy Buffet beer.

I fell prey to marketing in the beer cooler last night. I saw and interesting bottle with an interesting name and bought it.

proxy.php

Only then when I got home did I notice "Margaritaville" on the bottle...oh no, I bought Jimmy Buffet beer.

And guess what it tastes like? Corona!

Top Bottom