What's new

2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Fall GRU Fall (GRU-Fall)

You know what I want to buy after the restraint end? A Gillette Knack. I have no idea why that instead of, say, a NEW LC. At least the Knack doesn't go for much money.

You know what I want to buy after the restraint end? A Gillette Knack. I have no idea why that instead of, say, a NEW LC. At least the Knack doesn't go for much money.
I have one, and I like it. It's a mild shaver, and behaves well with a Feather. It has the same head as the black handled flare tip.

Still in.

Last day of restraint. At 12am on the 24th local time, you can tree whale!

Looking forward to hosting the Christmas restraint this year and hope to see many of you gentlemen over there once I send out the sign up thread!
Looking forward to your leadership on the next restraint

#26 is still in!

I've been really busy lately and kind of off the grid, but at the same time, too busy for much temptation for shave purchases. Hopefully now I can spend a little more time on B&B.

I hope everybody is hanging in there and getting great shaves!

Still hanging in there!!
Thank you domzals for the clarification on the end date of the restraint.
Haven't shave in 2 days. Today will be 3rd day of growth. Thinking of either waiting for tomorrow and going for my futur, or shaving today with my PAA symmetry... decisions decisions...
Will post my decision.
Happy shaving all!!

Hi,

Well, the Lady Gillette arrived yesterday and won the immediate approval of SWMBO! :)

View attachment 596676

Stan

I'm going to have to post a WTB in the GDF. My friend at work is looking for a razor for his wife (I don't know if I get to count her as a convert by association lol, I converted him some months ago) and I recommended this and he will ask her, but he thinks she will want the pink one.
We shall see, but I figured it would be better then parkers 21r ? (the clone of these)

#12 still in. I am up to shave #36 on my Personna Red as of yesterday, but I think it may be done as stubble is coming back sooner than it has in the recent past. Not too bad - I get about 20-odd shaves in a month, so at that number I'd be able to go a year on about 10 blades. That means that a 100 pack would last me about 10 years!

Not currently tempted by anything - although I ventured over to Delta Echo razors yesterday and looked around. I didn't buy anything and at those prices I'm not super interested.

#30, still in ...

SOTD:
New SC
Voskhod (1)
Stirling Badger
Mickey Lee Pantie Dropper
Thayer's Supermedicated
Stirling SDM A/S

Getting ready for another trip home ... didn't want to use my 1250 because that's usually my travel brush, and was rummaging for blades or something when I came upon my Stirling Badger. This one goes back a couple of years and I think it was my first purchase on the BST back then. Decided to give it a go and give my Wolf Whiskers a day off. It's nice, a little too floppy for me but I'm not going to get rid of it. It's a nice backup.

I was done with work, had been busy most of the day doing this or that and finally got upstairs to take a shower and shave. Soaked the soap and brush while I showered, face lathered while my daughter (step-daughter actually, but I dislike that term) watched me, asking lots of questions.

Things have been insane around here, and the next few days to weeks could be the same, so I really slowed down and took my time, concentrated on no pressure, correct angle, etc.

I was rewarded with a nice DFS. Sometimes you forget just how enjoyable this routine can be at times, especially when you need it.

And I'm out. Got a nice bonus from work and I spoiled myself

Saponoficio verasino 70th the soap and as

Chiseled face summer storm

I Colonali

MWF in ceramic dish

Sorry about the phone Kev. I've heard success from peeps who leave it in rice for 24 hours. Try it longer and cross your fingers

Ugh, sorry about the phone Kev. Letting it completely dry out for a few days may save it.

Didn't get a shave in today, but splashed on some Fine Fresh Vetiver AS.

#26 is still in!

SOTD:
Gillette NEW LC
NOS Polsilver(1)
WD HM 24/52mm w/green handle
Shannon's Woodlands Soap
Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Musk

Top Bottom