What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, June 2015 - Travel Razors

By coincidence, I just paid for this little travel set this morning .. it will soon be in the post from France to Australia.
I only know that it's a Gillette, and must be pre-1930 as it's older than a NEW from the look of it.
Can't wait to clean it up and get it going .. I'm travelling to Spain and Italy at the end of this year and this, if it performs well, will come along .. otherwise I'll take my smallest, lightest Tech.

NICE!! Congratulations of great purchase.

When I check a suitcase, I bring one of my regular razors that I haven't used recently and that, if lost, wouldn't cause grief (e.g., my starter Merkur 34C HD). If I'm carrying on, I either send blades ahead, buy blades when I get there, or carry Gillette Guards. The Guards are inexpensive single-blade cartridge disposables made in India. (I refuse to use multi-blades.) The Guards are very mild, but with pressure and buffing I can get a decent shave.

Either way, I also bring a small tube of Speick shaving cream, an EJ XL synthetic in a cool tube that screws together (and includes a hole for drying the brush), a collapsible plastic bowl from REI, and AS samples.

Good solution if you only go one place. My problem is that I often need to go to multiple locations, shave in airports, etc. This makes mailing shaving stuff difficult. Unfortunate solution (so far) is that I have been taking an old M3 on the airplane.

What we need is a good option for traditional DE wet shavers that can be carried on the plane. (Still looking!)

I haven't flown with my kit yet but I don't leave the U.S. very often so my plan is to take the travel kit I have put together for a trip this weekend and remove the blade from my safety razor and buy a pack at the first walmart or drugstore I come across when I get where I am going most pharmacies still sell 5 packs of shick or gellet blades so not a problem.and no.checked bags

Well I have this German DE travel kit that I take with me if I am not flying. Unfortunately I travel for work mostly by air, and most of the times they are short flights and I don't bother checking in luggage so I take my cartridge razor... sadly. But at least I got a Gillette Sensor with only 2 blades and a nice original blue metal handle.

:laugh:

$IMG_0759.jpg$Gillette Sensor Blue.jpg

Top Bottom