What's new

Advice On My Next Blue Ink

I've been wanting to get a new shade of blue ink. I've been using Diamine Imperial Blue, which I like a lot. However, I've gotten hooked on Iroshizuku inks and can't decide on the shade to contrast with the Diamine, so I thought I'd get feedback form all the knowledgeable folks here.

Ama-Iro (Sky Blue)
Kon-Peki (Deep Cerulean Blue)
Tsuyu-Kusa (Asiatic Dayflower)

Go!!

I saw asa-gao in a review of the TWSBI 580 on YouTube and thought it looked like a lovely blue. Were I in the market for the Iroshizuku inks, I'd be considering that one. Check out the writing sample, and see if it's up your alley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have asa-gao and Kon-Peki; love them both (great thing about the IRO inks you can buy the 15ml bottles). That said I have my eye on De Atramentis Steel Blue as well.

I've not seen this, where?

Vanness Pens will sell a three bottle (each 15ml) gift set for $25 (or at least it was a couple months ago when i bought mine) plus shipping. You get to pick which three colors you want. I've only done business with them once but was a smooth transaction. The website is not overly clear, you may need to email about the 15ml bottles.

http://www.vanness1938.com

There are a few other sources as well for the 15ml bottles. Seems there is also someone on ebay selling 3 bottle gift sets but they might be more $ than Vanness.

ASA goa is a very purple leaning blue, just so you know.
I only have experience with this and non peki. I love kon peki!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've been using Diamine Imperial Blue, which I like a lot. However, I've gotten hooked on Iroshizuku inks and can't decide on the shade to contrast with the Diamine ...

If it's specifically a contrast you want ...

proxy.php

... I'd say that looks a lot like Asa Gao. (Never seen the Diamine in person, going on internet photo only). I like Syo-ro and Ku-jaku for a contrast, both tending towards the greenish end of the spectrum.

Top Bottom