What's new

Best "Sleeper" Blade

Here's the deal: name only ONE blade that for you is a "sleeper" that you had overlooked or one that gets little attention on forums.

My choice is the rarely mentioned Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (Russia). Overshadowed by the entire 7 O'clock line in the eyes of many it is a really fantastic smooth & sharp blade. I should buy 100 as they are available really cheap now on the 'net.

Treet DuraSharp

Very Smooth. Not the sharpest blade in my cupboard. Carbon. I recently purchased 200 from Connaught. $17 to my door for 200 blades. Can't beat that.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
-Mae West-

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows. I am currently testing one out, and love the Yellows. It hadn't received much attention, in the past. Very sharp, and smooth blade. I bought 100 blades, shortly after trying this blade.

Perma-sharp. sharp, long lasting blade.
Rapira Super stainless. super cheap, sharp, but dulls quickly.

Vikings Sword, love it provides a DFS and irritation free shaves just about to buy 200 of them...

-Stephen

Filo America.

$flam1.jpg

$flam2.jpg

Gillette Wilkinson Sword. VERY good blades, and they're $16/200!

Agree, they where the first blades I tried and after trying many they are not my favorite but I still keep some in stock. I'm not talking about the hard to find English or German made ones ethier, I'm talking about the Made in India can be found anywhere ones.

Last edited:
Laser Ultra. Less than $10 for 100, shipped. I almost didn't bother trying them because of the low price but they're easily the best blade I've used in my Merkur Progress.
And I agree with the above Rapira recommendations.

Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows. I am currently testing one out, and love the Yellows. It hadn't received much attention, in the past. Very sharp, and smooth blade. I bought 100 blades, shortly after trying this blade.

I just order these by the 100s whenever I place an order for something else.

marty

Top Bottom