What's new

Better health through posting. My challenge to you!

Here's how it works.

You make a post, you do something exercise/stretching related.

For instance, you could do a push up, sit up, yoga pose, stretching sequence, etc. The possibilities are endless.

I'm going to start with push ups, slowly at first, and keep adding to the routing ( sit ups, stretching, and eventually pull ups), and reps throughout the weeks. I'm not sure how to quantify how much it will help my overall fitness, but it can't hurt right?

Who's in?

2 push ups for this post :a20:

Here's how it works.

You make a post, you do something exercise/stretching related.

For instance, you could do a push up, sit up, yoga pose, stretching sequence, etc. The possibilities are endless.

I'm going to start with push ups, slowly at first, and keep adding to the routing ( sit ups, stretching, and eventually pull ups), and reps throughout the weeks. I'm not sure how to quantify how much it will help my overall fitness, but it can't hurt right?

Who's in?

2 push ups for this post :a20:

I don't know if I can do TWO pushups, I'm sorta like Bill Murray in stripes... I am riding my bike 8 miles MWF and trying to walk at least 2 miles TuTh. :)

-Stephen

I don't know if I can do TWO pushups, I'm sorta like Bill Murray in stripes... I am riding my bike 8 miles MWF and trying to walk at least 2 miles TuTh. :)

-Stephen

You can do anything you'd like, sit ups, stretching, leg lifts, etc.

I did 2 push ups for every post, since I started the thread. I ended up doing 16 push ups yesterday. That's 16 more than I did the day before, and I didn't have to block off time to do them.

The concept of this type of exercise is doing little things that add up to a lot, while doing the exercise in such a way that it spreads out over the entire day, all while only taking seconds to do each time. It's the same thing as parking further away form the grocery store to get more steps in, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. It's adaptable to anything we do during the day, for instance:

Every time we take a drink of water, walk up and down the stairs once in ones house
Every time there's a commercial on tv, do something exercise related
The possibilities are endless

It's mostly trying to get people to think about exercise/stretching in idol times throughout the day

Congrats on the walking and biking. Have you posted a picture of your bike in the bicycle thread?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/321374-Show-Us-Your-BICYCLE(S)!!!!

Neat, looks like Ouch already started about an hour ago.

$planking-1.gif

I'm going to start doing push ups for sentences that I post that have their corresponding push up count below:

1) Does anybody...
5) Where can I find...
10) Scuttlebutt
20) +1

This post does not count! Time in starting....

I'll give this one a try. I could stand to do some more sit ups, so I guess 5 a post, starting with this one, is a good place to start.

I was told to not call it excercise. It is now referred to as "activity". That could include anything that gets me off my lazy butt. So I have decided to give this a try. So everytime I post something I am going golfing. Sorry SWMBO but I posted today so now I need to go lose some weight. Blame the guys on B&B.

I was told to not call it excercise. It is now referred to as "activity". That could include anything that gets me off my lazy butt. So I have decided to give this a try. So everytime I post something I am going golfing. Sorry SWMBO but I posted today so now I need to go lose some weight. Blame the guys on B&B.

:lol:

Edit: Damn that lol just cost me more sit ups.

ok, I'm in.
3 deep knee bends per post.

May not sound like much, but you don't have to hear the creaks.
I have to limber up the knees by late fall.

Post 100

200 push ups since I started this thread 21 days ago.

Is everyone that wanted to play along still in?

Top Bottom