What's new

The Dominican Monks have sent me some SMN

What can I say? Love the fragrance:thumbup1: Tomorrow will get its maiden voyage.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 213
:laugh: I'm curious about it, lots of "hype" so I decided it to give a shot on my own. Reviews are always individual opinions, so I'll do my own testing.

Thanks!

Hector, those are the exact 2 products i got for my birthday ! They are the best, you will love them :) Tommorow i will shave with it also :)
for fathers day, i am hoping for the aftershave :)

Hector, those are the exact 2 products i got for my birthday ! They are the best, you will love them :) Tommorow i will shave with it also :)
for fathers day, i am hoping for the aftershave :)

Cool! I was going to get the AS, but I prefer balms better. I hope you get a surprise on Father's Day:thumbup1:

Cool! I was going to get the AS, but I prefer balms better. I hope you get a surprise on Father's Day:thumbup1:

Use BOTH !, I will use the splash which has great ingredients and then the balm. Now i am using Speicks or Pitralon then the Balm. I love facerbating :)

I'm going to give it a good week of test driving. If I like it, I'll get the AS, well thanks enabler:w00t:

Hector, can you check the ingredients list on the aftershave balm and confirm whether or not it still contains caprylic acid/capric triglyceride? Thanks.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on both products.

Last edited:
Yes it does. Should I be concerned?

Probably not. Caprylic acid is a commonly used emollient and emulsifier in many cosmetics. Depending on which source you read, it may or may not be known to have a rancid odor*. On me, any product containing the ingredient stinks like a homeless man's armpits - but not until I apply it; in the bottle, it smells fine, indicating it may have something to do with how the ingredient reacts with my body chemistry. I've done searches to see if anybody else has experienced this phenomenon, and I haven't found anything. If you're a product hound like I am, odds are very good you've already used products that contain the ingredient. If you haven't already noticed a problem, you probably won't with this one, either. But for me, inclusion of the ingredient is an automatic deal breaker.

Thanks for checking, by the way.

* From Futurederm: "It’s worthwhile to mention that it’s known, in particular, for having a somewhat rancid odor."

From Natural Well Being: "It has been used for many years in the cosmetic industry and in the skin care industry because of its stability with other chemicals in a solution, ability to dissolve evenly and also for its lack of odor and color as well."

Go figure.

Last edited:
Emulsione Analcolica ingredients

Water
Olive Oil
Glyceryl Stearate
Propylene Glycol
Fragrance
Caprylic/caprictriglyceride
Cetyl Palminate
Witch Hazel
Arnica Montana Extract