What's new

The Chicken Fried Steak thread

from KJ's Diner in Tucson, under the gravy is Chorizo

I was just joking around, I try pretty hard to watch what I eat as well :thumbup:
No hard feelings. Just wanted to share my reasons for doing something I absolutely hate. I love cooking though, so now I have wide variety of recipes to try. Cauliflower pizza crust is on the top of my lis. If it works out, it might just be the substitute to bread that I've been looking for. Been craving a egg sandwich.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No hard feelings. Just wanted to share my reasons for doing something I absolutely hate. I love cooking though, so now I have wide variety of recipes to try. Cauliflower pizza crust is on the top of my lis. If it works out, it might just be the substitute to bread that I've been looking for. Been craving a egg sandwich.

I have seen the guys here whip up some delicious looking, and healthy, meals. Healthy doesn't have to taste bad, and the Internet makes it easier to find good, and good for you, food ideas.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Does chicken fried chicken count?

Chicken fried chicken breast with baked potato and garden green beans.

Attachments

• $012.jpg
    $012.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84
  • $017.jpg
    $017.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 85
duck breast wrapped in bacon and run thru a cuber machine coated in flour , wiped in egg season with hot sauce (frank's) coated a second time seasoned flour and pan fried in oil. this recipe can be used with any wild game finding a butcher that will do the cuber for you is the trick. mine is in the neighborhood will do just before closing when they are going to clean the machine. (and i buy the bacon from him) deer, turkey, and rabbit work the best.

That ain't chicken fried steak. That's Jaeger Schnitzel. Absolutely great. But it ain't chicken fried steak.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yes it do do do Mike. Explain that crust.

SWMBO did the double wash/flour thing. Egg and milk wash, flour, then do it again. Then fry in about enough oil to cover half of the meat and cook it till golden brown.

Just normal stuff.

And it ain't chicken fried steak...it's chicken fried chicken. :001_smile

Last edited:
That's my go-to dish when on the road. I have eaten my way through the whole country, subsisiting on only country fried steak.

These two are from a Black Bear diner, which serves a rather large slice of meat.

hotwheels

Dinner version:
proxy.php

Breakfast version:
proxy.php

Last edited:
I saw the Chicken Fried Steak thread before I posted the Country Fried Steak thread, but I decided to start a new thread because I wasn't sure chicken fried and country fried were the exact same thing. I thought "chicken fried" meant deep-fried and "country fried" meant pan-fried. Thanks to the moderator who moved my post into the already existing thread!

hotwheels

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought the terms were interchangeable, but will let someone who knows better decide.

In the early 70s my first duty station in the Air Force was at Cannon AFB near Clovis, New Mexico. Being a kid from Boston I had no idea what a chicken fried steak was when I saw it on the menu at a local dinner. One of my buddies from Texas suggested that I give it a try. Damn it was good! I don't know if I should be happy or sad that you can't get them around this part of the country. :001_rolle

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I saw the Chicken Fried Steak thread before I posted the Country Fried Steak thread, but I decided to start a new thread because I wasn't sure chicken fried and country fried were the exact same thing. I thought "chicken fried" meant deep-fried and "country fried" meant pan-fried. Thanks to the moderator who moved my post into the already existing thread!

hotwheels

Hotwheels, I merged the two threads. They are similar titles and subject matter. Both are delicious.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's my go-to dish when on the road. I have eaten my way through the whole country, subsisiting on only country fried steak.

These two are from a Black Bear diner, which serves a rather large slice of meat.

hotwheels

Dinner version:
proxy.php

Breakfast version:
proxy.php

I'd call those "medium".

I'd call those "medium".

Maybe you are just a bigger boy than I am? Would you please show me what you call "large"? The breakfast version certainly kept me going for 9 hours without requiring a snack, and the dinner version caused me to practically pass out.

hotwheels

Last edited:
Top Bottom