What's new

Good Shave Stores in the DFW area?

Still learning my way around in the Wet-Shaving world. I live in Fort Worth and would love to find the best places for the best wet-shaving products, locally.:w00t:

The supply house we went to on Hemphill, and I have heard there is a cutlery place that sells razors nearby on the outskirts, but I don't remember where. There are two locations for it. One in the stockyards and one larger store outside of town.

I love sharing this hobby with SWMBO, but
it is also great having one of my best friends to share this hobby with.

The supply house we went to on Hemphill, and I have heard there is a cutlery place that sells razors nearby on the outskirts, but I don't remember where. There are two locations for it. One in the stockyards and one larger store outside of town.

You are a well-spring of information. I look forward to hearing from others about their local DFW excursions...

I'll be watching this thread as I'll be heading out there in 9 days and was hoping to hit up some local shops in the DFW area or in Galveston during our vacation.

In Fort Worth, try Salon Supply which is located at 2512 Hemphill St. They have a pretty nice line of offerings. House of Blades has some Merkur razors as well straights and some Col. Conk products. Bring your rain gear :thumbup:

In Fort Worth, try Salon Supply which is located at 2512 Hemphill St. They have a pretty nice line of offerings. House of Blades has some Merkur razors as well straights and some Col. Conk products. Bring your rain gear :thumbup:

The "knife shop" at the parks mall has a similar selection, a bunch of Merkur razors, a few brushes and soaps along with some Gillette blades. I wish I could find it, but there is a thread here on B&B that lists places that sell wet shaving gear in the DFW area.

There's a place in KC called The Gent's Place. They have locations in Dallas (10720 Preston Rd) and Frisco (6975 Lebanon Rd) too. It's a higher end "lifestyle" barber shop for guys--haircut, shave, shoe shine, manicure, pedicure, waxing, pool table, etc. The KC store has a small selection of creams, soaps, blades, brushes and razors as well as whiskey cubes, cologne, etc. No real bargains to be had so don't go out of your way, but worth a look if you're nearby.

Last edited:
Passed by salon supply earlier today, they look more like a wholesaler. No real store front. Can anyone comment on the shaving products they offer? Do you have to buy in bulk?

Passed by salon supply earlier today, they look more like a wholesaler. No real store front. Can anyone comment on the shaving products they offer? Do you have to buy in bulk?

The entrance in on the north side of the building. You have to buzz in to enter. They mostly cater to salons/shops but they do sell retail. I have not been in the shop in a few years but they used to carry the Arko line, Masters, Lucky Tiger, Pinaud and maybe Gabels with a few Merkur razors and blades. A few brushes hanging around as well. The prices were very reasonable. A great place to stock up on Osage Rub and other aftershaves.

I was in Ft Worth this week on business and swung by Salon Supply. It's not a typical retail store but is it "open" to the public (after they buzz you in). You don't have to buy in bulk, but the inside is more like a warehouse. They had a lot of Lucky Tiger products as well as what appeared to be the complete Pinaud line. They had some Arko sticks at the register and I saw a few brushes and some straights in a case. I picked up some Lime Sec, Osage Rub and a stick of Arko for $13. The staff is very nice also. Just bring cash if you plan to spend less than $25.

Top Bottom