What's new

Second Shave San Brush and Shave Soap

Wow...ya know I started to wet shave near ten years ago with a straight edge. ..I think I just about got it down when my blade became so dull I hacked my face... just couldn't get the sharpen down.(Then my supplies mysteriously went missing)... Now I'm coming back this time with the DE first. ...I just got my razor (EJ89), a few blades (Derby), and some Creme ...I'd say the most striking thing for me after just two shaves is the ~slow down~ the ritual! It's more a meditation. .a deliberate act of care...to my face. I am well pleased and can't wait to see the results when I am properly outfitted!
~Nice~

I should add , that my downed wet shave start before was completely in the blind. I had little help to guide me. It was stumbling across this site and mulling around the posts for weeks that finally got me threatening to take it up again and join the group. It's pretty rare these days to see this kind of support and camaraderie...very Nice to be a part of this!
I did purchase a used horse hair brush but it seems scrawny with no crown to the bristles (flat top) tried to lather up the creme on my face but wasn't too successful. ..so I worked it up with my hands. I'm still on the fence about what get into next so far as brush and soap goes. So many choices. ..

Last edited:
Good observations. Patience is a virtue. Definitely a good idea to slow down and enjoy the shaving experience. A great way to start your day.

Wow...ya know I started to wet shave near ten years ago with a straight edge. ..I think I just about got it down when my blade became so dull I hacked my face... just couldn't get the sharpen down.(Then my supplies mysteriously went missing)... Now I'm coming back this time with the DE first. ...I just got my razor (EJ89), a few blades (Derby), and some Creme ...I'd say the most striking thing for me after just two shaves is the ~slow down~ the ritual! It's more a meditation. .a deliberate act of care...to my face. I am well pleased and can't wait to see the results when I am properly outfitted!
~Nice~

I should add , that my downed wet shave start before was completely in the blind. I had little help to guide me. It was stumbling across this site and mulling around the posts for weeks that finally got me threatening to take it up again and join the group. It's pretty rare these days to see this kind of support and camaraderie...very Nice to be a part of this!
I did purchase a used horse hair brush but it seems scrawny with no crown to the bristles (flat top) tried to lather up the creme on my face but wasn't too successful. ..so I worked it up with my hands. I'm still on the fence about what get into next so far as brush and soap goes. So many choices. ..
My brush of choice is the 2 band silvertip Prince by WSP.....50 bucks shipping free.

Top Bottom