What's new

Looking For New Razor

I am down to 1 Edwin Jagger 89 lined and I love it but I am looking for a New Razor for about $30.00 .. The problem is that I am looking for something not using Pot metal or zinc cause I want it to last and not just rot apart...
Any Suggestions ???

Thanks
Jay

Vintage Gillette - Tech or Super Speed. Lifetime quality with classic shaving style. It will outlast you.

+1 Parker 26c. Still fairly mild but open comb. Nicely made and inexpensive. You could also try shimming your DE89. I added 1 shim to mine last night and seemed to get a more comfortable shave. Might try 2 shims next shave.

I was checking out the Gillette slim but not sure ...

I have a Slim and like it very much. But the razor I like the most is a Super Speed. As far as a modern all brass razor, I second the suggestion for a Fatip. It's pretty aggressive but with proper technique you'll get good shaves. I used mine this morning.

I am down to 1 Edwin Jagger 89 lined and I love it but I am looking for a New Razor for about $30.00 .. The problem is that I am looking for something not using Pot metal or zinc cause I want it to last and not just rot apart...
Any Suggestions ???

Thanks
Jay

Except for the vintage TTO razors or custom made razors the most common 2/3pcs DE razor head is zemac zinc. Its all about manufacturing cost for a good fairly priced razor for the masses. Don't be afraid of any of the well known makers since any of the razors they make will get you a good safe shave and not break the bank.

I would think you'll have a tough time finding a new razor under $30 without a pot or zinc head. Are there any new razors with brass heads? If you take care of a razor I'd bet it would outlast you no matter what the head is made of.

I got three Gillette adjustables, one is 54 yrs old, another 48, and the other 40. They all work like a brand new razor. I'd bet 50 years from now they will still work. IMO consider a used Gillette.

Last edited:
I would think you'll have a tough time finding a new razor under $30 without a pot or zinc head. Are there any new razors with brass heads? If you take care of a razor I'd bet it would outlast you no matter what the head is made of.

I got three Gillette adjustables, one is 54 yrs old, another 48, and the other 40. They all work like a brand new razor. I'd bet 50 years from now they will still work. IMO consider a used Gillette.
That's why I was looking to buy a Gillette Slim and have it cleaned and possible rechromed or some other finish..

Here is what I picked up and I am very proud of the Really nice Gillette Slim and I am already thinking about selling the Black beauty to get my money back .. Oh I paid $40 for the Gillette Slim which I thought was a good price considering the condition but I am not sure whats your thoughts ??

Gillette Slim Black Beauty-paid $30
$dfgfgdg.jpg$fdgdfgfd.jpg$fdggdfg.jpg

Attachments

• $$_12.JPG
    $$_12.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 54
  • $$_57fdgdfgdgd.jpg
    $$_57fdgdfgdgd.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom