What's new

Straight Razor from WCS?

Anyone ever buy a straight from West Coast Shaving? How well did they hone the razor? Their website says shave ready. I'm new to straight razor shaving and was hoping to get something shave ready so that I have something to compare to when I start honing myself. I have a couple of vintage blades to practice on. I'd appreciate some input.

Also are there any other American companies making new straight razors beside Hart and Portland Razor Company?

Thanks
-Chris

They send their razors out to get honed (I believe they told me to Las Vegas), I'm sure if you ask them they'll tell you who hones them. WCS has a very small selection of straight razors, depending on what you're looking for you might want to look at other vendors. I love WCS (I'm there at least twice a month) but straight razors is not their specialty.

Since you say you want an edge to be able to compare to your own, I would go with a B&B member that sells shave-ready razors, that way you have direct access to the person actually doing the honing and you can send the razor back for re-honing if you get into a pinch.

Good luck! :thumbup1:

I've purchased a razor from them before. I can say that without any doubts it was definitely shave ready.

Got a GD 800 from them a couple of months ago and was definitely shave ready. I just recently had to touch it up with a 6K hone which didn't take much time as the bezel was set right.

Top Bottom