What's new

I'm a believer.

46 year old Newbie from Knoxville, here.

Former Braun Electric user. GREAT razor, but lifeless.

Moved on to Gillette Sensor. Pretty good razors, expensive.

Tried Dollar Shave Club - not impressed.

Harry's - GREAT razors for disposable cartridges. Excellent company, and pretty affordable. I like them a lot.

2 weeks ago, I ordered my first DE razors. An Edwin Jagger and a Merkur. Various blades.

Learning curve like everyone else. But this shaving style is an experience! Something to look forward to. A hobby. 2 weeks in, and for the first time ever, I am able to shave AGAINST the grain on my sensitive neck. My face has adjusted faster than I thought it would.
For now, Witch Hazel and green rubbing alcohol are spot on for after shave soothing. I have some Clubman Pinaud coming from Amazon in a day or so.

I am hooked. I already have 2 brushes as well. Any money I am saving on blades is being spent on other shaving paraphernalia. Lather bowl, mug for Col Conk, etc... I am in love with shaving. Fortunately, I have a thick beard that requires shaving at least once a day. For now, I am shaving at night so I can slow down and enjoy the peaceful experience.

That's me. Long intro, but hopefully not too long. I have really gleaned a lot of wisdom from this site, which is why I finally had to join. Thanks for everyone's helpful posts - they make a difference to the shaving world. Even to old guys like me who have just discovered DE shaving.
Try to minimize the alcohol use as it tends to dry the skin too much.

Something to look forward to, indeed.

I'm waiting for the newness to wear off, but so far I'm just blown away by the fact that I can ENJOY something that's been a chore for the previous 30 years.

Welcome!

Welcome to B&B! Congrats! The longer you wet-shave the more you are going to love your skin. You share very similar sentiments with the rest in this forum. Wander over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself. Wet-shaving will put that smile back on your face.

Welcome. I am sure your time here will be great. Be careful or it will become more expensive than all the other ways of shaving lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I've been de shaving for only a couple weeks or so but it has transformed shaving from something that I saw as a chore and avoided doing (shaved once or twice a week, max) to something that I now look forward too! I don't have a thick beard at all so I generally shave every other day but I'm often tempted to shave everyday, just have to be extra careful when I only have a day's growth to avoid too much irritation :)

Awesome! I've been de shaving for only a couple weeks or so but it has transformed shaving from something that I saw as a chore and avoided doing (shaved once or twice a week, max) to something that I now look forward too! I don't have a thick beard at all so I generally shave every other day but I'm often tempted to shave everyday, just have to be extra careful when I only have a day's growth to avoid too much irritation :)

try daily shaving to see if it doesn't irritate you....

Very nice intro, nice to have you join us!

We all know exactly how you feel - it's FUN and so relaxing. I thoroughly enjoy shaving EVERY day now, whereas I used to HATE shaving and did it as little as I could get away with.

Enjoy your new life as a DE shaver!

Welcome! Let the RAD begin... I went through that phase and then calmed down once I found a good routine that I'm happy with. I still get the itch from time to time to try every new thng. Welcome and enjoy!

Top Bottom