What's new

After Shave Gel

There are 3 varieties of that from Gillette, at least there used to be, and I have all of them. There is a white one (called a lotion I think) and 2 blue ones. There are very few AS gels in the marketplace that I've ever seen. Art of Shaving was recently closing theirs out for 1/2 price ($20 vs. $40) and are replacing it with what they call a lotion. Thast's the only one coming to mind.

I called the store I sometimes visit and they had sold out of the sandalwood which is the only fragrance I have in their products. I asked the guy who answered the phone and he said the new lotions are much better than the gels.

Last edited:
How about 444? It has a gel-like consistency that you can lengthen (if desired) by adding a few drops of water or your favorite splash.

the new art of shaving lotions are nice, what i might characterize as light, balmy gels. not at all gooey, but no alcohol.
i've used the lemon and the lavender lotions, both have great scents.

$art of shaving lavender.jpg

Thanks guys... I'm mostly after something that is cooling and doesn't leave my skin greasy/oily.

Maybe a balm would work well...

Like I mentioned, I love the feel of the Gillette gel, but the weird/cheap soapy smell is not doing it for me! :)

Thanks

Thanks guys... I'm mostly after something that is cooling and doesn't leave my skin greasy/oily.

Maybe a balm would work well...

By "cooling," do you mean you want something mentholated, or just something that soothes your skin?

I just tried St. James of London aftershave gel. I'm not much of a gel guy (I prefer balms, in general), but I still thought the St. James was very good. Not greasy or oily at all, with a very light, clean scent, and no synthetic fragrance. Admittedly, it's in a totally different price category from the likes of Gillette.

If you're opening up your search to balms, you've got a lot more options to choose from.

I received a bottle of the Mario Badescu Protein After Shave Lotion as a present. It's been ages since I've used the Gillette aftershave gel. However, from what I remember ... the consistency seems close and the gentle tingle I got from the Gillette was similar to the Mario Badescu. As far as scent goes: It just smells like alcohol.

https://www.mariobadescu.com/protein-after-shave-lotion

I'm not positive, but I think my gf got it from Ulta. So they might have testers there

$WP_20150528_030.jpg

Top Bottom