What's new

FIFA is anyone really surprised by recent events?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015...bes-from-south-africa-to-host-2010-world-cup/

I remember sitting in a hotel room in Nottingham waiting for the official announcement of where the world cup finals would be held in the future, and being sure England would be hosting them again soon. After the shocking announcement it seemed very obvious to me that something funny had gone on behind the scenes, as it had many times before with Fifa.

I hope they throw the book at the bent Fifa officials, they've been siphoning so much money out of the beautiful game for so long. Just look into Fifa's revenues, they are huge, add to that the backhand deals to members. When it comes down to it, it's the fans that are paying for all that in the end.

I'm surprised it took so long. When they elected Qatar to hold the WC, that was it for me, that was the graft of all grafts.

It's getting harder and harder to distinguish FIFA from an organized crime syndicate.

Somehow, Blatter manages to skate above it all. The man's got nine lives.

If Blatter is re-elected, I am done with FIFA. Even the IOC is not as corrupt, and that is saying something. I will NOT watch World Cups until Blatter is GONE.

If Blatter is re-elected, I am done with FIFA. Even the IOC is not as corrupt, and that is saying something. I will NOT watch World Cups until Blatter is GONE.
$Sepp_Blatterb.jpg

:laugh:

Oh and to top things, the Clinton Foundation has its paws all over it:sneaky2:
I know it's difficult but try to keep political talk out of the forum please.
If by "paws all over it" you mean "accepted donations from FIFA" you are certainly correct.

One of the roommates of my kid at school is completing her Co-Op internship working for the FIFA Women's World Cup in Toronto. I've been joking that if she doesn't return to school driving a shiny new million dollar McLaren, she just didn't do her job.

I know it's difficult but try to keep political talk out of the forum please.
If by "paws all over it" you mean "accepted donations from FIFA" you are certainly correct.

I know, my bad, it was just an easy layup:laugh: You are correct that is what I am talking about. But enough of that, thanks for the wake up call:thumbup1:

I think that this will just make the U.S. look foolish. Why is the U.S. prosecuting FIFA officials when they continuously turn a blind eye to the NFL?

That being said, I really hope these crooks get long jail sentences. I am very sad that Sepp Blatter was not arrested. The guy is an absolute stain on the sport of soccer.

The majority of those arrested are based in the Americas . . . maybe to do with that. Probably more interested in "flipping one or two to move higher up the ladder for more charges.

The majority of those arrested are based in the Americas . . . maybe to do with that. Probably more interested in "flipping one or two to move higher up the ladder for more charges.

The U.S. has some pretty broad laws for arresting foreigners, though. If you so much as use an American ISP, the Justice Department may arrest you for breaking U.S. law.

I think that this will just make the U.S. look foolish. Why is the U.S. prosecuting FIFA officials when they continuously turn a blind eye to the NFL?

That being said, I really hope these crooks get long jail sentences. I am very sad that Sepp Blatter was not arrested. The guy is an absolute stain on the sport of soccer.

When Qatar was given the go ahead.......that was the giveaway that something was rotten. As far as the NFL.......well........they did give up their non-profit status! Bwahahah! How many years did they get away with that?

Mike

When Qatar was given the go ahead.......that was the giveaway that something was rotten. As far as the NFL.......well........they did give up their non-profit status! Bwahahah! How many years did they get away with that?

Mike

I definitely agree. I still cannot believe that Qatar, a country with no real national soccer team, was given the 2022 World Cup. FIFA talks such a big talk about equality, and here you have a country that is essentially using slave labor to build their stadiums :closedeye

The problem with the NFL, though, is that they only gave up their tax exempt status so that they would no longer have to disclose executive salaries. That leads me to believe that the taxes that they will now have to pay are less than the lost revenue from the negative PR from how much the NFL pays its executives.

Top Bottom