Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The Vintage Scent Shop grand opening

I can't wait for my 444 ASB to arrive. It's getting hot here!

Leon, I recieved my SOC boar in cherry last night - very happy with the purchase, price and communication from you. We had a mix up at the beginning with my emails going to junk mail, which is totally understandable. Thanks for being responsive! I will be ordering from you in the future. 'Make it Rain' in year 5!

Quote Originally Posted by CapnPanther View Post
    About ten days to the East Coast of the US. Leon is a great vendor, but even he does not control the whims of postal services and customs.

Quote Originally Posted by redrako View Post
    SOC just ordered, thanks Leon. Congratulations on starting year five, I wish you profitable fifth year (and some fun too).

I can't help but think about the impact that Vintage scent has had in the world of shaving spreading the word about wonderful Semogue brushes. Four years ago when I returned to wet shaving all of the conversation was about badger hair, with boar being relegated to the ash bin of history.

Although Omega brushes are fine, the quality of the Semogue handles and knots is simply superb, so than you and congratulations.

Thanks Robert, you're too kind.

Looking back at my first posts here in this thread it's fun to see History in the making, specially when I announce "At last, I have some shaving brushes from a tiny factory here in Northern Portugal". And the rest is History.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivasanti View Post
    How long does Vintage Scent take to send there goods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasanti View Post

its my first time buying from the site and i paid nearly a week ago :D

Congrats on the 4 year milestone, the website looks to be a great one.

Thanks.

It usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on how picky the customs can be.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
    Leon, I recieved my SOC boar in cherry last night - very happy with the purchase, price and communication from you. We had a mix up at the beginning with my emails going to junk mail, which is totally understandable. Thanks for being responsive! I will be ordering from you in the future. 'Make it Rain' in year 5!
    Thanks!
    Best regards
    Visit my shop www.VintageScent.com for Semogue brushes, straight razors and more.

Just received your SOC. It's a beauty from the thoughtful packaging, to the aesthetics of the wood with the "burned" in Semogue name. No stickers to rub off here. Thank you and I look forward to doing business with you again. Oh, and congratulations on your five year anniversary! Woot!
    Last edited by rxonmymind; 06-08-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling...
    Be well. Mind, body & soul.

Thanks! We aim to please.
    Best regards
    Visit my shop www.VintageScent.com for Semogue brushes, straight razors and more.

I received my order of a Semogue 1305 last week. I was hesitant to order a boar brush as my only other experience with boar was the cheap VDH boar from their deluxe kit. The sale tipped me over the edge. I'm extremely glad I took a chance on this brush as I've only used it 3 times so far, but it's already softer than my best badger brushes and I have a feeling it will be my favorite brush once broken in.

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    I received my order of a Semogue 1305 last week. I was hesitant to order a boar brush as my only other experience with boar was the cheap VDH boar from their deluxe kit. The sale tipped me over the edge. I'm extremely glad I took a chance on this brush as I've only used it 3 times so far, but it's already softer than my best badger brushes and I have a feeling it will be my favorite brush once broken in.
    Wait until it's fully broken in and you're in for a treat.
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by rxonmymind View Post
    Just received your SOC. It's a beauty from the thoughtful packaging, to the aesthetics of the wood with the "burned" in Semogue name. No stickers to rub off here. Thank you and I look forward to doing business with you again. Oh, and congratulations on your five year anniversary! Woot!
    +1

I've been using my SOC boar going into it's second week and it's simply fantastic. This is my sixth Semogue boar and seriously makes me wonder if I could shave twice a day for the sheer enjoyment of building lather on my face.
    Bob:

Good Lather = More product + More Water + More Time lathering

Hello gents,

The Vintage Scent has some new straight razors for sale.

F.W. Engel "Leader"

Mann & Federlein

Le Jaguar

Original Schulze

Don't miss this chance.
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by BigBull View Post
    My Semogue SOC 2-Band badger in cherry arrived on Friday, and I had my first shave with it Sunday night. First, its a beautiful brush thats a compliment to my SOC boar to a "T". It has just the right amount of backbone will still providing soft tips, and from what I understand they will only get better after some uses. The handle feels great and well balanced over the entire brush, obviously having the nicely etched "Semogue Owners Club"! Stunning.

Thanks again for the great service, and very fair prices. I'll say again, I think you offer some of the absolute best values in wetshaving...that being Semogue brushes!
    BOTOC - 2011 R41, PMJ, SOC 2-Band/Boar fan club; Noob Straight User.

Let me know if you get any vintage glass bottle clubman as!
    thanks,

I recently bought a SOC from Bruno and forgot to thank him for his good customer service. The brush got all the way to Australia and was sent back by the post office due to a small issue with the post code.
    Bruno got in touch by e mail and we sorted out the problem.
    Good work.
    Paul
    Ps the brush is great.

My friends,

I'm going on a quick break starting tomorrow until Friday. I'll keep an eye on the emails, but won't be able to process any orders in the upcoming days.

Cheers!
    Best regards

OK folks, I'm back and have began to process the pending orders that have been made meanwhile.
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    OK folks, I'm back and have began to process the pending orders that have been made meanwhile.
    And I understand you have quite a few orders to fill since you got back!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyN View Post
    And I understand you have quite a few orders to fill since you got back!
    Oh yeah! And they're all gone only after a few days
    Best regards

Hi gents,

The Vintage Scent has some more new straight razors for sale.

Dubl Duck Wonderedge
    Dubl Duck Goldedge
    Gebr. Weyersberg "Corneta" 6000 "Electric"
    Crown & Sword
    Henkels Friodur
    Boker "King Cutter"
    Red Imp
    Tennis
    Robert Klaas
    Schulze

Check them out!
    Best regards

18. Default

I ordered a soc 2 band from vintage scent. It's my absolute favorite brush and I will be ordering a second along with some software. Thanks for the great customer service!!
    -Phil

Hi gents,

The Crown & Sword is sold.

Thanks
    Best regards

Vancouver, B.C. Canada with access to a CONUS Addy

I received my Semogue owners club with the cherry wood handle in just a week and half from Portugal to Canada! Very reasonable shipping charges as well. Good job
    I dream about Filarmonicas...