What's new

What are your top 3 CROAPS (soft soaps)

Not sure I have three, but I definitely have two I can highly recommend

RazoRock XXX - amazing scent and super easy to lather.

Blades Grim Smolder. It's the same base as Maggard's from what I understand so it probably doubles for that recommendation too.

Only Three. That is tough. The top three may change but for today:

Mickey Lee Soapworks
Maria Arman Tallow (Maria makes the Maggard, Smolder and TTFFC brand soaps)
Strop Shoppe

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
― Will Rogers

To me the Strop Shoppe's tallow soaps are the ones to beat. B&M, Razorock, and Maggard's also offer extremely good tallow-based soft soaps. Soap Commander makes veggie soaps in the same league.

I still love Cella and Proraso, but the soaps above are simply better, IMHO. YMMV, of course.

In order; QCS, Panna Crema & Stirling... yup my recently arrived Stirling puck fell out of the box and dented.

My fresh puck of Black Ice essentially did the same thing. I've been buying the small tins that fit the puck perfectly but on this order I tried the larger one. The consistancy of the soap made it easy to spread it out in the bigger tub. The small tins make the job of lathering a little messy whereas the medium tin gives you more loading room right in the container.

Stirling. Cella. Razorock.

I own Soap Commander but I would classify that as a soap not a croap. But Soap Commander is a very good soap

I'm a newbie here and have limited experience, but I have used a few of the Razorock soaps and I like them a lot. From what I've read, I'm starting out with the bar pretty high and I'm not inclined to try anything else at this point. Find a store that sells two or three interesting soaps andjust pull the trigger. Realistically, most of the soaps mentioned here will probably perform well... pick the scent that sounds interesting to you. If you dont like it, you can always trade it away for something else you;d like to try

Strop Shoppe Special Edition Tallow
Catie's Bubbles French Style
Maggard's Tallow/Barrister and Mann Tallow (tie)

Pick your scent. It's hard enough picking a fragrance that I will like. All are great performers.

Top Bottom