What's new

Cream and scent recommendations

Hi folks,new guy here.I have posted in the newbie thread a couple times but never in this section.Being new to the DE world I was hoping you guys could give a few recommendations on some nice creams and aftershave splash with a more "modern"(for lack of a better term)scent.I am currently using TOBS Eton College and Jermyn St line.I prefer the EC scent while the wife prefers the JS scent.For reference the wife usually buys me Aqua Digio,Dolce and Gabbana(Light Blue) type colognes if that helps.Thanks

If you don't mind spending a bit more $$$ for quality...check out Acqua di Parma's shaving cream and aftershave balm AND their EdT.

Hi folks,new guy here.I have posted in the newbie thread a couple times but never in this section.Being new to the DE world I was hoping you guys could give a few recommendations on some nice creams and aftershave splash with a more "modern"(for lack of a better term)scent.I am currently using TOBS Eton College and Jermyn St line.I prefer the EC scent while the wife prefers the JS scent.For reference the wife usually buys me Aqua Digio,Dolce and Gabbana(Light Blue) type colognes if that helps.Thanks
Here ya go for the best of the best
SMN
Xpec
ABC creme
AdP
CF
all above having matching splashes and balms, Judging by your taste in colognes, go first to AdP, then move around the ring :)

Shell out some cash and go for Adp. I do not think that the cream's scent is very important as it is so light, so any cream will work wi any aftershave. Cyril salter is a vetyver cream, a lot cheaper than adp. Great lather and skin feels fresh. Then you apply the perfume touch.

Here are my top favs:

1) XPEC (Unscented version only)
2)Santa Maria Novella
3)Castle Forbes(Lime or Lavender)
4)ABC cream (this is a wonderful almond scented Italian cream)

Craig

I would recommend Edwin Jagger Sandalwood puck. I was very disappointed when I purchased this because I was really hoping for a strong Sandalwood scent. In reality, the quality of the lather and shave is great but the scent is not even close.
SWMBO described the scent as really nice, a modern "new glossy magazine" aroma. I can see what she means by that, and I don't dislike the scent, it's just not Sandalwood.

So perhaps it might be the thing for you!

TPL

Here are my top favs:

1) XPEC (Unscented version only)
2)Santa Maria Novella
3)Castle Forbes(Lime or Lavender)
4)ABC cream (this is a wonderful almond scented Italian cream)

Craig

I agree with your Cremes however do not forget the AdP, both in terms of aroma and performance, easily one of the best crèmes on the planet.

Top Bottom